News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Did Daboll and company's injury designation of DJ cost them the season?

Started by MightyGiants, October 31, 2023, 08:34:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B1GBLUE

Quote from: GMenRF on November 03, 2023, 08:36:29 PMWe can argue that was DJ really given a fair shot this year?  Before his injury, he was on pace to be sacked over 100 times this year.  For perspective that's on pace for 30+ more sacks than David Carr.  Yes they got him weapons but without any protection it was more of a disservice to DJ than really being beneficial.

At this point we really have no option but to look for another QB.  Even if DJ balls out the rest of the season, the physical beating he's had over the past 5 years and given with his neck injury, we need a his eventual replacement.

Hopefully a QB that will unite the whole fan base and not divide it like what happened to DJ.

Yeah i really dont know how much longer his body is going to hold up.

Bob In PA

Lots of good posts in this thread (no matter which "side" they take). Thanks, everyone.  Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Dgoodmantrublu

If Jones played in the Jets game, there is a good chance they would have lost by more. Just look at the Seattle game. His two turnovers handed Seattle 14 points in a game our defense played very well in. This may have happened against the Jets.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on November 04, 2023, 01:42:09 PMIf Jones played in the Jets game, there is a good chance they would have lost by more. Just look at the Seattle game. His two turnovers handed Seattle 14 points in a game our defense played very well in. This may have happened against the Jets.

There's no question that Taylor played better in his 2.5 stints as Giants starter than Jones did all year overall. Not even up for debate. And he did it with the exact same team around him against overall very tough defenses. I mean it's not disputable. The facts/data are what they are. And the explanation that a previously horrid line suddenly decided to play well when Taylor came in is not a credible one at all. Taylor simply managed the challenges better than Jones has been able to.

Jaime

I don't know about the season. So many other problem areas. :hmm: 
I do know our Staff checked out Dimes on the sideline and told him he's good to go.
Next play, his knee buckles, season over. Quite possibly his Giants career as well.
Ronnie Barns & Co. did their best once again :boooo: 

Bob In PA

Quote from: Jaime on November 06, 2023, 01:40:18 AMI don't know about the season. So many other problem areas. :hmm: 
I do know our Staff checked out Dimes on the sideline and told him he's good to go.
Next play, his knee buckles, season over. Quite possibly his Giants career as well.
Ronnie Barns & Co. did their best once again :boooo: 
Jaime: You're right, but it's up to the player/patient to tell the medical people everything. We don't know this, but it is possible Jones was simply being overly optimistic or unreasonable in his self-assessment. Or just plain lying to them. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!