News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Non QB 1st round targets

Started by B1GBLUE, October 31, 2023, 01:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob In PA

Quote from: Jclayton92 on October 31, 2023, 02:54:13 PMJJ Mccarthy QB
Harrison Jr Wr Ohio St
Brock Bowers TE Georgia
Odunze WR Washington
Latu the edge from UCLA

My Top 5 wish list

J: There are A TON-AND-A-HALF good TE's coming out, and the Giants IMO are sure to draft one (at least). Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

sooners56

Quote from: Bob In PA on October 31, 2023, 04:36:50 PMJ: There are A TON-AND-A-HALF good TE's coming out, and the Giants IMO are sure to draft one (at least). Bob

Just not Bowers hopefully.
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

Bob In PA

Quote from: sooners56 on October 31, 2023, 04:45:27 PMJust not Bowers hopefully.

That post came out sort-of "sideways" because it sounds like you wouldn't want him in the 2nd round, for example (which I know is untrue) when you're really trying to say taking him rather than a player (or position) you like better in the 1st round would in your opinion be a tragic blunder.  Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

madbadger

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 31, 2023, 02:59:06 PMI have no problem taking a guy who played RT in college, but given Mad's point let's maybe not use a high first rounder on that.

Kareem McKenize was the last really good LT the Giants have had. He was a 1st round pick out of PSU as a LT where he started his career with the Jets. When the Giants signed him they already had Deihl at LT so the flipped him to the right fairly seamlessly. I think it has more to do with the player than anything else.

brownelvis54

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 31, 2023, 01:50:23 PMThis will give you a feel for some of the top prospects in next year's draft

https://thedraftnetwork.com/nfl-mock-draft-2024-october-fowler-2/

Rich...I would be beyond pissed :

3. New York Giants
Keon Coleman WR, Florida State

We are NOT a WR away from anything. We need a QB,OT and Edge

4. New England Patriots
Drake Maye QB, North Carolina

6. Green Bay Packers
J.J. McCarthy QB, Michigan

12. Las Vegas Raiders
Bo Nix QB, Oregon

And

5. Chicago Bears
Joe Alt OT, Notre Dame

7. Los Angeles Chargers
Olu Fashanu OT, Penn State
The KING is in the building

brownelvis54

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 31, 2023, 02:59:06 PMI have no problem taking a guy who played RT in college, but given Mad's point let's maybe not use a high first rounder on that.

Abrham Lucus could have been that guy
The KING is in the building

katkavage

Harrison might be real good, but a WR in the first round is a luxury a team like the Giants just can't afford. Get the QB first.

Dgoodmantrublu

I don't want to even think about a non-QB in round 1. This deep needs to do whatever it takes to get their top guy at the position. Nothing they do in other places will matter if they don't.

Stringer Bell

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on October 31, 2023, 07:01:55 PMI don't want to even think about a non-QB in round 1. This deep needs to do whatever it takes to get their top guy at the position. Nothing they do in other places will matter if they don't.

The QBs in this class are either overrated or correctly rated and sub-par. Not interested in any of them.

Philosophers

Quote from: madbadger on October 31, 2023, 05:08:15 PMKareem McKenize was the last really good LT the Giants have had. He was a 1st round pick out of PSU as a LT where he started his career with the Jets. When the Giants signed him they already had Deihl at LT so the flipped him to the right fairly seamlessly. I think it has more to do with the player than anything else.

I think you are right that it has to do with the player.  A team has to know that ahead of time that a player can naturally play left handed and right handed.  They can't assume all players can freely do that.  I think teams more often than not assume it.

Dgoodmantrublu

Could not disagree more. This is probably the best QB class since 2004. Caleb and Maye are fantastic. McCarthy and Daniels are very intriguing. And then there are other guys too. It is a great group.

Quote from: Stringer Bell on October 31, 2023, 07:04:25 PMThe QBs in this class are either overrated or correctly rated and sub-par. Not interested in any of them.

Dgoodmantrublu

This is not true. McKenzie did not play left tackle for the Jets. He was also a third round pick.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/McKeKa20.htm

Quote from: madbadger on October 31, 2023, 05:08:15 PMKareem McKenize was the last really good LT the Giants have had. He was a 1st round pick out of PSU as a LT where he started his career with the Jets. When the Giants signed him they already had Deihl at LT so the flipped him to the right fairly seamlessly. I think it has more to do with the player than anything else.

Stringer Bell

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on October 31, 2023, 07:22:04 PMCould not disagree more. This is probably the best QB class since 2004. Caleb and Maye are fantastic. McCarthy and Daniels are very intriguing. And then there are other guys too. It is a great group.

Williams comes up small in big games and always has. No thanks.

Maybe comes up small in small games. That's a major red flag. Neither of them have the fire I'm looking for out of a franchise QB.

Daniels is not an NFL QB.

Dgoodmantrublu

Sure. Whatever you say.

Quote from: Stringer Bell on October 31, 2023, 07:32:34 PMWilliams comes up small in big games and always has. No thanks.

Maybe comes up small in small games. That's a major red flag. Neither of them have the fire I'm looking for out of a franchise QB.

Daniels is not an NFL QB.

katkavage

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on October 31, 2023, 08:48:14 PMSure. Whatever you say.

Coming up small in big games won't deter many GMs. The drafted one like that a few years ago.