News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The next 4 games

Started by andrew_nyGiants, November 01, 2023, 01:02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrew_nyGiants

@ Raiders 4:25 kick-off
@ Cowboys 4:25 kick-off
@ Skins 1pm kick-off
H vs Pats 1pm kick-off

What's their record at the end of this quarter of the season?

I'm never giving up until we're mathematically eliminated. I am one hard headed bastard!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

bamagiantfan

I love the way you think. NEVER SURRENDER!

I thought before the Jets game that it was not unreasonable for the Giants to go 6-2 before the Christmas date with the Eagles. Of their opponents in that timeframe, only the Cowboys were above 0.500 in late October. I had them going 3-1 over the 4 games you listed and winning two of the next three in December. With the loss to the Jets, they will need to steal another one to go 6-2.

Hey, I can dream can't I?

I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

andrew_nyGiants

If the D keeps playing like this, and the OLINE starters come back...I believe they're due to beat the Cows.

If they pull that miracle off, it could spring them to 4-0 during this stretch and then....Can you say Tommy Coughlin?!! Suddenly a 4 game winning streak lands them at 6-6 with 5 games left!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

Bob In PA

Both of you guys...

I'm with you, although the math would require the miracle of miracles.  To he honest, if they don't see any player the absolutely love in next year's draft, I hope they give it a run.  If they DO see such a player IMO we will know because Daboll's recent run of seemingly inexplicable game-day blunders will continue (and become "explicable" lol).  Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

DaveBrown74

Going 2-2 with three road games is questionable, but if Jones and Thomas are coming back I think it's possible. I don't see anything better than that though. So maybe 4-8.

This 2023 team doesn't have it. And even if we do we can't stay healthy. I feel like the whole roster is put together with scotch tape right now.

Ed Vette

Two of those organizations just disrupted their teams and the Pats are beatable too. In a fantasy, they go 3-1 that stretch. Dallas may beat Philthy this week. They look to be the NFC's best team right now.

So. 5-7 if no more injuries to SB, DJ, and the Lines.

As a best-case scenario.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

The truth is that of our remaining 9 games, only three are against legitimately above average teams (Dallas and 2x Philly). Everyone else is average or (in a number of cases) worse to significantly worse than average.

I'm not a big "if only x happened, then y could have happened" guy, but let's face facts - both the Buffalo and Jets games probably should have been wins. It is not insane to think we probably should be 4-5 right now with a pretty manageable 9 games remaining.

But we're not. And we're not because bad teams find crazy ways to lose games, which is what we have done. So it's very hard to feel any sort of confidence about the balance of this season at this point. And even if we go 6-3 in the remaining nine, which seems completely absurd at this point, that's STILL not going to get us in. We'll be picking 14th or so, well out of range to even move up to get a top QB, and we'll have nothing to show for it.

So while I will obviously always root for the team during games, as I know no other way to be a fan, it isn't entirely clear what I'm even going to be rooting for, other than just the fleeting satisfaction of a win on that particular day.

katkavage

2 of the 4 are tanking
 A third is in last place. Anything less than winning two of the four is very bad

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 01, 2023, 05:43:52 PMThe truth is that of our remaining 9 games, only three are against legitimately above average teams (Dallas and 2x Philly). Everyone else is average or (in a number of cases) worse to significantly worse than average.

I'm not a big "if only x happened, then y could have happened" guy, but let's face facts - both the Buffalo and Jets games probably should have been wins. It is not insane to think we probably should be 4-5 right now with a pretty manageable 9 games remaining.

But we're not. And we're not because bad teams find crazy ways to lose games, which is what we have done. So it's very hard to feel any sort of confidence about the balance of this season at this point. And even if we go 6-3 in the remaining nine, which seems completely absurd at this point, that's STILL not going to get us in. We'll be picking 14th or so, well out of range to even move up to get a top QB, and we'll have nothing to show for it.

So while I will obviously always root for the team during games, as I know no other way to be a fan, it isn't entirely clear what I'm even going to be rooting for, other than just the fleeting satisfaction of a win on that particular day.
Two games they would have found a way to win in the early part of last season.

One of the facets of Closed Loop training is to blueprint your successes. Something that seemed to be fleeting. Something that seems now lost.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bob In PA

If they win out they're 10-6 and play themselves out of contention for the very best of next years rookies.

There... I said it.

If that happens I'll come to NY/NJ and buy everyone a steak... or we can meet in Philly for a much-more-affordable cheese-steak. lol

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!