News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Need Help with NFL+ Premium

Started by TDToomer, November 03, 2023, 10:52:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TDToomer

Has anyone ever successfully contacted or received customer service support from NFL.com regarding app purchases like NFL+ or NFL+ premium? I paid $14.99 for premium for one month on 10/22 and used it to watch the Red Zone channel and the Washington game in full after it ended. One week later I did the same thing for the Jets game except it wouldn't recognize my subscription which I paid through my Iphone and made me sign up again. I was able to watch the game and when it ended I went to put on RedZone and the app wanted me to pay $14.99 again. I looked at my in app purchase and it shows I paid $14.99 but the NFL website and App thinks I only paid 6.99 so I couldn't access RedZone. I have been trying all week to get this fixed for this weekend and all I can do is have a chat with a bot which is mostly useless. They open a ticket and say that someone will respond to me via email. I have 3 open tickets that no one is responding to. I tried calling the NFL support number and it's just a message. You cannot a live person. I tried calling the league office in Manhattan and they said that they cannot help me.

This is unbelievable poor customer support.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Bob In PA

Quote from: TDToomer on November 03, 2023, 10:52:55 AMHas anyone ever successfully contacted or received customer service support from NFL.com regarding app purchases like NFL+ or NFL+ premium? I paid $14.99 for premium for one month on 10/22 and used it to watch the Red Zone channel and the Washington game in full after it ended. One week later I did the same thing for the Jets game except it wouldn't recognize my subscription which I paid through my Iphone and made me sign up again. I was able to watch the game and when it ended I went to put on RedZone and the app wanted me to pay $14.99 again. I looked at my in app purchase and it shows I paid $14.99 but the NFL website and App thinks I only paid 6.99 so I couldn't access RedZone. I have been trying all week to get this fixed for this weekend and all I can do is have a chat with a bot which is mostly useless. They open a ticket and say that someone will respond to me via email. I have 3 open tickets that no one is responding to. I tried calling the NFL support number and it's just a message. You cannot a live person. I tried calling the league office in Manhattan and they said that they cannot help me.

TD: Unfortunately, they are KNOWN for their poor customer support.  I have it and still do, despite occasional glitches.

Did you use EXACTLY the same user name and password each time you signed up?

I can't offer a suggestion until you answer that question.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

TDToomer

Quote from: Bob In PA on November 03, 2023, 11:06:20 AMTD: Unfortunately, they are KNOWN for their poor customer support.  I have it and still do, despite occasional glitches.

Did you use EXACTLY the same user name and password each time you signed up?

I can't offer a suggestion until you answer that question.

Bob

I only have one account so yes.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Jclayton92

Quote from: TDToomer on November 03, 2023, 11:35:44 AMI only have one account so yes.
Just use the Dofu sports app, it's absolutely free and you can get any game or sport you want for free.

Ed Vette

I never tried to contact them. Have you tried to cancel the subscription at $6.99 and then open a new subscription? If you have an existing account I don't think you can open a new account but I don't think I would try to cancel an account. 
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Sem

I use NFL+ Premium but I don't access my account info from my phone, only my laptop, (I never log out of the site), though I watch the games on my TV via an AppleTV app. Fortunately I've never had an issue or reason to engage support.

Bob In PA

Quote from: TDToomer on November 03, 2023, 11:35:44 AMI only have one account so yes.
TD: OK, that eliminates half of the possibilities.

First, f you want to still use the service at all and have a DIFFERENT credit card to use, consider the possibility of setting up a new account using a different user name, password and credit card (see below for why a different card).

Second, when you get your credit card bill for the current account, see how much they charged for the 2nd week. Obviously, it's an error if they charged you $14.99 because their own records say they charged you $6.99, so dispute the charge through your bank. Even if they only charged you $6.99 (and still haven't gotten back to you through their "service ticket" process) I would dispute the charge through the bank anyway, since it could cause them to notice that you have outstanding "service tickets" and have a real person contact you so you can explain what happened.

Bob

PS. Both suggestions above mine (Ed and Sem) offer excellent thoughts and ideas in addition to what I wrote. I didn't see them before posting, so there may be some duplication. 

TDToomer

Quote from: Bob In PA on November 03, 2023, 12:01:39 PMTD: OK, that eliminates half of the possibilities.

First, f you want to still use the service at all and have a DIFFERENT credit card to use, consider the possibility of setting up a new account using a different user name, password and credit card (see below for why a different card).

Second, when you get your credit card bill for the current account, see how much they charged for the 2nd week. Obviously, it's an error if they charged you $14.99 because their own records say they charged you $6.99, so dispute the charge through your bank. Even if they only charged you $6.99 (and still haven't gotten back to you through their "service ticket" process) I would dispute the charge through the bank anyway, since it could cause them to notice that you have outstanding "service tickets" and have a real person contact you so you can explain what happened.

Bob

PS. Both suggestions above mine (Ed and Sem) offer excellent thoughts and ideas in addition to what I wrote. I didn't see them before posting, so there may be some duplication. 

No need to wait for a bill. Modern technology allows us to view all transactions in real time. According to my wife we were not charged the $6.99. We were charged $14.99 through Apple Pay on 10/22. I have filed for a full refund.

I won't pay for this service again. It is a scam. I will watch the games at sports bar.

Quote from: Jclayton92 on November 03, 2023, 11:45:11 AMJust use the Dofu sports app, it's absolutely free and you can get any game or sport you want for free.

I downloaded the app but didn't work .

MightyGiants

Quote from: TDToomer on November 03, 2023, 10:52:55 AMHas anyone ever successfully contacted or received customer service support from NFL.com regarding app purchases like NFL+ or NFL+ premium? I paid $14.99 for premium for one month on 10/22 and used it to watch the Red Zone channel and the Washington game in full after it ended. One week later I did the same thing for the Jets game except it wouldn't recognize my subscription which I paid through my Iphone and made me sign up again. I was able to watch the game and when it ended I went to put on RedZone and the app wanted me to pay $14.99 again. I looked at my in app purchase and it shows I paid $14.99 but the NFL website and App thinks I only paid 6.99 so I couldn't access RedZone. I have been trying all week to get this fixed for this weekend and all I can do is have a chat with a bot which is mostly useless. They open a ticket and say that someone will respond to me via email. I have 3 open tickets that no one is responding to. I tried calling the NFL support number and it's just a message. You cannot a live person. I tried calling the league office in Manhattan and they said that they cannot help me.

Did you try this?

https://support.nfl.com/hc/en-us/articles/5608988668316-I-subscribed-to-NFL-but-I-am-having-trouble-accessing-NFL-exclusive-content-What-should-I-do-
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

TDToomer

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 03, 2023, 02:06:10 PMDid you try this?

https://support.nfl.com/hc/en-us/articles/5608988668316-I-subscribed-to-NFL-but-I-am-having-trouble-accessing-NFL-exclusive-content-What-should-I-do-

Yep. It's useless info. For on thing there is no "Restore Purchase button on the Get NFL+ page." The problem is that I already have NFL+ but I paid for NFL+ premium so they are ripping me off for $8.

MightyGiants

Quote from: TDToomer on November 03, 2023, 02:25:33 PMYep. It's useless info. For on thing there is no "Restore Purchase button on the Get NFL+ page." The problem is that I already have NFL+ but I paid for NFL+ premium so they are ripping me off for $8.

When I visited the page, I saw a chat option.  Did you try that?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

TDToomer

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 03, 2023, 02:26:25 PMWhen I visited the page, I saw a chat option.  Did you try that?

LOL! You mean the bot? That is an AI chat box. I went through the same friggen charade 3 times and got 3 open tickets that are unresolved. Does anyone actually work for the NFL.com or the NFL app or just bots?

bobalobabingbong

I know it doesn't help much but I gave up a few years ago with the NFL crap.  A friend and I split Sunday ticket with Red Zone.  Dofusports(dot)xyz for when a game is blacked out.  I haven't tried an app for them.  I just go to the web page.
- Dan

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

TDToomer

Update. I finally got an email from
NFL.com telling me I do not have premium even though I provided proof of payment. I successfully got my refund with apple. The NFL pays billions to its owners and players but can't hire actual hire human beings. It's a shame

Bob In PA

Quote from: TDToomer on November 04, 2023, 11:16:06 AMUpdate. I finally got an email from
NFL.com telling me I do not have premium even though I provided proof of payment. I successfully got my refund with apple. The NFL pays billions to its owners and players but can't hire actual hire human beings. It's a shame

Good to hear.

They are badly under-staffed which IMO is one "excuse" they have for poor customer relations.

But really, it's not like they're going broke.  Why go "cheap" when you have the money?  Dumb-@sses.

Bob