News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants vs Raiders game thread

Started by MightyGiants, November 05, 2023, 03:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingm56

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on November 05, 2023, 05:09:09 PMIf you knew. Jones would have known and it's not a smart move to stay in the game.

I don't think the two are related; the knee buckling looked like a traditional non-contact injury.  For DJ sake, I hope it's not an ACL/MCL.

AYM

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 05, 2023, 05:09:30 PMWhat's even more sad is we're on the hook for $47mm for him next year. So while I'm sorry he is hurt, he will get better, and either way he will still be a pretty well off man with that $81m guarantee no matter what he does. The Giants lose out more than he does.

Yeah, Schoen's plan for Jones to play 2 years and then cut him with no cap impact blows up if this is an ACL or some other career-altering injury.

MagicRat

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 05, 2023, 05:09:30 PMWhat's even more sad is we're on the hook for $47mm for him next year. So while I'm sorry he is hurt, he will get better, and either way he will still be a pretty well off man with that $81m guarantee no matter what he does. The Giants lose out more than he does.
How does that work against the cap if he retires?
Smell my cheese you mother!

DaveBrown74

Quote from: kingm56 on November 05, 2023, 05:10:47 PMI don't think the two are related; the knee buckling looked like a traditional non-contact injury.  For DJ sake, I hope it's not an ACL/MCL.

It looked like he twisted it on the previous play.

With that said it could easily be one of the two above injuries. Jones is very tough when it comes to pain. I wouldn't be surprised if he tried to stay out there not realizing it was a tear. Hopefully it's just a really bad sprain.

DaveBrown74

He's walking off the field on his own. Doesn't mean it's not serious but usually on tears they have the cart out.

katkavage

It pretty much a done deal that the Giants have to find a QB in the off season.

bighitterdalama

I am NOT beating up on anybody or being a wiseass, but many here talked up DeVito here during the preseason and at the final cutdowns. Now we have a chance to see whether he's got anything. At all.

Woody

That side judge is not spotting the ball good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MagicRat

Jaysus Crosby's parents were definitely first cousins at best.

Section 101 Steve

The way he went down on that one replay from the back looked like he couldn't pivot and unfortunately that is usually an acl. You can walk on it just can't pivot. Season just went from bad to disaster
sm

MagicRat

Jclayton92

Tommy can't be any worse at this point than what we've had.

killarich

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 05, 2023, 05:13:00 PMHe's walking off the field on his own. Doesn't mean it's not serious but usually on tears they have the cart out.

That's not entirely true... it's quite often someone walks off on their own with a limp after an acl tear

katkavage

Quote from: Jclayton92 on November 05, 2023, 05:21:14 PMTommy can't be any worse at this point than what we've had.
He's got to throw the ball.

Woody

If Jones is done.   Without Taylor , Giants will have to sign a veteran QB just to be somewhat competitive

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk