News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Eli the IRONMAN

Started by andrew_nyGiants, November 05, 2023, 07:09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrew_nyGiants

I realize there are a lot of varying opinions about Eli. But I will forever appreciate him, and I will always blame the organization for the last 5+ years of his career with no protection.

What I appreciate the most about him is that you could always count on him being suited up and ready to compete.

He never missed a game due to injury. I'm not sure that we'll ever see that again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

BlueMoshik

His body was like a rubber band. He just never got hurt. It was unbelievable.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: BlueMoshik on November 06, 2023, 05:56:12 AMHis body was like a rubber band. He just never got hurt. It was unbelievable.

We got very spoiled. The backup QB position was never much of a discussion point during Eli's 14 years. Now it's a top discussion point.

Woody

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on November 05, 2023, 07:09:01 PMI realize there are a lot of varying opinions about Eli. But I will forever appreciate him, and I will always blame the organization for the last 5+ years of his career with no protection.

What I appreciate the most about him is that you could always count on him being suited up and ready to compete.

He never missed a game due to injury. I'm not sure that we'll ever see that again.

You are right with Eli And not missing games.....but if he was still playing  he would not be effective in today's game.
Eli never ran unless he absolutely had to .
He would take sacks all the time.... Except when he was in prime and Super Bowl years....he knew how to take a hit.
Todays QBs are mobile run many many times to keep plus alive.
Eli was not quick or close to being fast....thus took many sacks and knew how to go down with a hit.
Eli was very good but the game is evolving quickly into a speed game on both sides of the ball.
Not sure how he would do these days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: Woody on November 08, 2023, 03:58:12 PMYou are right with Eli And not missing games.....but if he was still playing  he would not be effective in today's game.
He would take sacks all the time.... Except when he was in prime and Super Bowl years....he knew how to take a hit.
Eli was not quick or close to being fast....thus took many sacks and knew how to go down with a hit.
Eli was very good but the game is evolving quickly into a speed game on both sides of the ball.

Another reason I have little interest in "todays game"

I was simply referring to the current credo... smart, tough, dependable.

Eli was all of that...and it doesn't appear as though we will ever have a QB we could depend on like him again.

From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

Dgoodmantrublu

Eli would do just fine. In his prime he evaded sacks moving in the pocket. His intelligence and process was top notch. Prime Eli would have had this current roster in playoff contention. The 2011 OL was terrible. People never acknowledge how bad it was.

SUPERSEE

Quote from: Woody on November 08, 2023, 03:58:12 PMYou are right with Eli And not missing games.....but if he was still playing  he would not be effective in today's game.

he'd be just fine .. Eli was a gamer and the Giants were never out of a game when he was there. he is a pure pocket passer but there's room for those too .. see Goff at Detroit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk