News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Farewell DJ

Started by killarich, November 06, 2023, 12:22:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T200

Quote from: Bob In PA on November 06, 2023, 03:44:51 PMTim: The thought crossed my mind, but it would be IMO out-of-character all around.

But take the same facts with a different "spin" on them and, to me, at least, it does make sense....

.... suppose the attitude is... "Mara is the owner so we get Jones out there as much as possible, just like Barkley, both of whom we're paying Pro Bowl money for.... and let them sink or swim.  Either way, the team gets its "money's-worth" (max service for max pay).  IMO there's nothing "wrong" or "sour" about that attitude.

Bob

Thanks Bob. It makes the thought a little more bearable, and plausible.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Bob In PA

Quote from: T200 on November 06, 2023, 03:52:54 PMThanks Bob. It makes the thought a little more bearable, and plausible.
Tim: If we were talking in-person I would have done a better job.

Doing this through a typewriter makes it (for me) a lot more difficult.

I'm thankful that (apparently) my meaning somehow came through the screen. lol

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

T200

Quote from: Bob In PA on November 06, 2023, 04:04:41 PMTim: If we were talking in-person I would have done a better job.

Doing this through a typewriter makes it (for me) a lot more difficult.

I'm thankful that (apparently) my meaning somehow came through the screen. lol

Bob
Bob,

Your thoughts came through crystal clear. The next time you have trouble communicating effectively will be your first.  :ok:
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

StompYouOT

It's exciting to think about a new top talent playing for us next year, but what can we do with the contract??  One big advantage of a rookie star QB is his entry level contract leaving room to pay the players around him.  So this idiotic contract is still haunting us even if we draft someone really good.

I honestly think Jones had some trade value before this.  Now I can't see it. 

uconnjack8

Quote from: StompYouOT on November 06, 2023, 07:11:09 PMIt's exciting to think about a new top talent playing for us next year, but what can we do with the contract??  One big advantage of a rookie star QB is his entry level contract leaving room to pay the players around him.  So this idiotic contract is still haunting us even if we draft someone really good.

I honestly think Jones had some trade value before this.  Now I can't see it. 

The contract is going to hurt next year, will hurt a lot less in 2025 (about 20 mill) and be gone 2026. 

Philosophers

Quote from: kingm56 on November 06, 2023, 11:44:17 AMHave you watched a single Houston game this season?  A rookie QB, on pace to throw for 5K yards, 30 TDs and 2 Ints and you don't believe that's the primary reason for the dramatic turnaround? No other position/coach can have this impact on a team. It's unique to the QB and why they consume nearly 10% of a team's aggregate salary.

I have watched them.  I agree CJ is playing great but other players are playing well too.  Will Anderson looks good and is pressuring the Qb.  Tank Anderson is looking like he is going to be good.  Nico Collins has elevated his game.  A new head coach in Demeco Ryans who according to players has been a great addition in creating a team culture.