News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Could Daboll be on the hot seat?!

Started by andrew_nyGiants, November 06, 2023, 06:45:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

files58

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on November 06, 2023, 11:32:59 AMYou don't think that Mara is the reason that DJ was given every opportunity and ultimately signed to an extension?

"We did everything we could to ruin the kid" ??

To me, strongly suggesting that they give DJ the QB which is the most important position on the team every opportunity; is a major meddle in my book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No doubt in my mind the contract given to DJ was a compromise between Mara, and Schoen/Daboll. Thus the two year out. DJ gets compensated, and then he's gone. I believe he has taken his last snap as a Giant.

Dgoodmantrublu

Oh please. They dialed up perfect plays before Jones got hurt and he couldn't make the plays. Then he was playing with a QB who should not be in the NFL. Daboll and Schoen's mistake was hitching their wagons to Jones. Luckily they can get out of that and draft a real franchise QB. This is a great opportunity of the organization.

Quote from: Giant Jim on November 06, 2023, 06:51:35 AMI didn't think that until yesterday. The losses to the Jets & Buffalo could've been prevented by coaching, but could be part of learning for the head coach. Yesterday's fiasco in inexcusable.

DaveBrown74

For the past few years the Giants and their fans have made it all about coaching, when the problem has been the players. Also the perpetual insistence on the notion that we "can't possibly evaluate our QB properly" was extremely harmful to the franchise. Allowed people to not face reality.

madbadger

Quote from: Giant Jim on November 06, 2023, 06:51:35 AMI didn't think that until yesterday. The losses to the Jets & Buffalo could've been prevented by coaching, but could be part of learning for the head coach. Yesterday's fiasco in inexcusable.

Mara said after he fired Judge that we can't keep firing coaches after two years. So no he won't get fired absent some egregious personal behavior. He gets another year and I'm fine with it as the issues plaguing this franchise run so much deeper than coaching.

Giant Jim

Quote from: madbadger on November 06, 2023, 01:04:48 PMMara said after he fired Judge that we can't keep firing coaches after two years. So no he won't get fired absent some egregious personal behavior. He gets another year and I'm fine with it as the issues plaguing this franchise run so much deeper than coaching.
He gave Judge a 5 year contract and said he would slowly get involved with GM type decisions thru the years. I believed him to mean or indicate Judge would eventually have Belichick type control.

sooners56

He could be and he should be. This Giants team is putrid.
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

madbadger

Quote from: Giant Jim on November 06, 2023, 01:11:35 PMHe gave Judge a 5 year contract and said he would slowly get involved with GM type decisions thru the years. I believed him to mean or indicate Judge would eventually have Belichick type control.

I'm talking about what Mara said after he fired Judge.

GordonGekko80

I have to be honest, I don't understand how we can blame the coach for a game lost where you lose your 1st string QB due to an ACL tear... And the rest of the season won't be any better, unless they find a good fit to replace DeVito.

Giant Jim

Quote from: Giant Jim on November 06, 2023, 01:11:35 PMHe gave Judge a 5 year contract and said he would slowly get involved with GM type decisions thru the years. I believed him to mean or indicate Judge would eventually have Belichick type control.

Quote from: madbadger on November 06, 2023, 01:41:46 PMI'm talking about what Mara said after he fired Judge.

OK. I was just pointing out how Mara changes his direction. I don't think he was planning on firing Judge until GM interviewees pointed out to him that Judge was part of the problem and possibly that they wouldn't consider taking the job if Judge stayed.

Giant Jim

Quote from: GordonGekko80 on November 06, 2023, 01:52:07 PMI have to be honest, I don't understand how we can blame the coach for a game lost where you lose your 1st string QB due to an ACL tear... And the rest of the season won't be any better, unless they find a good fit to replace DeVito.
I felt the offense didn't show anything with Jones in there. Maybe Jones would've shook off the rust if he didn't get hurt, but the line and the defense looked terrible from start to finish. The Raiders looked inspired, the Giants were not up for the game. Maybe the Williams trade, but the head coach should be ahead of something like this. I made and accepted excused for the 2 previous losses, but combined with yesterday's fiasco, I think there's a good possibly that could be more serious problems in the coaching of this team. I'm not calling for Daboll's job yet, but yesterday's showing is as bad as it gets. 

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on November 06, 2023, 06:45:02 AMIs it possible that Schoen would pull the trigger should the Giants lose out?
No

QuoteCan Daboll salvage this by at least showing that he's learned from many of his mistakes this year, giving us some hope for next year with a new QB?
Putting the blame on Daboll for Kafka's mistakes, or poor play, doesn't mean to throw out the baby with the wash. He's forgot more football than the smartest fan or talking head. He inherited a bad team and piecemealed together enough last year to pull off the impossible. Now he's down his starting QB, backup QB, All-Pro LT, TE/WR no.1, and was gifted the toughest schedule in the NFL for the first half season and put the game on at night for a national audience where the Giants have NEVER done well. Daboll's going nowhere and he knows what idiosyncrasies need to be fixed

QuoteDespite how we look as a team, I believe there is some legit talent on this roster (not yet enough to contend but) so I'm not ready to move Schoen.
Schoen is fine and he's here for the long haul. We do have "some" talent; however, our best talent is on IR

QuoteWhat of the owners? Do they intercede after this year?
They've hooked their wagon to the Schoen/Daboll wagon and won't interfere for the next few years. There would have to be multiple coming years of a mess for them to get concerned with whose hands the Giants are in

QuoteWhen will we finally be assured that the future is in good hands?
We are in the second year of a complete rebuild that realistically was a three-four year project. I repeat, our few stars are on IR, and we were put on center stage, under the lights, to play the top teams in the NFL for the first half of the season as a gag gift by Goodell. And Dallas and Philadelphia were already a gift of four losses, barring incredible, unexpected play and a helping hand from God to help the funny shaped ball bounce our way

If ever there was a time to exercise patience and rely on "delayed satisfaction", it is now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Jclayton92

Yeah I'm not upset with Daboll or schoen. I think they are great. You can't win without elite Qb play and I firmly believed this was going to be a complete rebuild which is why I was against the Jones and Barkley signings. We've basically missed both all season anyways. They can't coach what isn't there.

Rosehill Jimmy

Serious question for the group.  What were the Giants options at QB following the '22 season if not DJ? 
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

TDToomer

Quote from: Rosehill Jimmy on November 06, 2023, 04:31:30 PMSerious question for the group.  What were the Giants options at QB following the '22 season if not DJ? 

Carr, Mayfield or Garafalo.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

StompYouOT

No I think he stays.  He won Coach of the Year and now this. I worry he's in over his head a bit and not preparing the team.  However he and Schoen shouldn't be released without getting a chance to have their QB.  They inherited Jones and pretty soon will be in a great position to take a rookie with a much higher ceiling.  If Schoen does well he could bring in several pieces next season.

This season is a wash, the next 2 are interesting.