News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

At the risk of being ridiculed

Started by BluesCruz, November 06, 2023, 01:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BluesCruz

I like the way Tommy DiVito was moving around out there

He needs to sychronize more with his receivers speeds and movements

But we might have something for the future in Tommy

just an observation

Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

uconnjack8

To me it looked like if his 1st read wasn't there he just took off.

Ed Vette

Quote from: BluesCruz on November 06, 2023, 01:27:57 PMI like the way Tommy DiVito was moving around out there

He needs to sychronize more with his receivers speeds and movements

But we might have something for the future in Tommy

just an observation

I would think that he starts against Dallas because Barkley would get sacked 12 times against that pass rush. Unfortunately for Tommy. It's pretty clear the kid is still learning and a work in progress. I think Schoen should bring in another PS QB. Just in case. 
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Dgoodmantrublu

DeVito is terrible. He had no idea what he was seeing. He moved into sacks where there was no pressure. He showed he doesn't have the arm for this league. He's not even a decent third QB. He doesn't belong in the NFL. Hope he starts the rest of the way to help us earn the top pick in the draft. Playing him is sure to help in this regard.

Bob In PA

Quote from: uconnjack8 on November 06, 2023, 01:35:45 PMTo me it looked like if his 1st read wasn't there he just took off.
uconn: As you know, that is typical rookie stuff. It could also be an awareness of how little he knows about the offense, which, to me, is a very positive sign, not necessarily a liability. If he does the same in his final game this season, then we start to get worried, IMO. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Ed Vette

Quote from: Bob In PA on November 06, 2023, 03:36:09 PMuconn: As you know, that is typical rookie stuff. It could also be an awareness of how little he knows about the offense, which, to me, is a very positive sign, not necessarily a liability. If he does the same in his final game this season, then we start to get worried, IMO. Bob
A turnover by Hyatt, a drop by Slayton and Hodgins, and his stats would have been comparable to O'Connell. He has a lot to learn and he's probably never going to be a starting QB in this league but it's interesting that Daboll sees something in him to keep him.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

nicky1000

Quote from: Ed Vette on November 06, 2023, 03:45:59 PMA turnover by Hyatt, a drop by Slayton and Hodgins, and his stats would have been comparable to O'Connell. He has a lot to learn and he's probably never going to be a starting QB in this league but it's interesting that Daboll sees something in him to keep him.

Daboll seemed to react to him differently, even vs the Jets when Devito went down short of a first. Daboll probably sees him as "coachable" whereas DJ was still making mistakes that plagued him for years which clearly frustrated Dabs.

Ed Vette

Quote from: nicky1000 on November 06, 2023, 05:55:19 PMDaboll seemed to react to him differently, even vs the Jets when Devito went down short of a first. Daboll probably sees him as "coachable" whereas DJ was still making mistakes that plagued him for years which clearly frustrated Dabs.
Yes, mentor coaching
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Dgoodmantrublu

Daboll knows it is pointless to yell at a try hard guy with absolutely no talent.

Jaime

I've mentioned this elsewhere on other Threads. Tommy D. has gotten zero Reps. This will be his 1st week of Reps.
Look for some slight improvement throwing to WR's. Tough 1st assignment. Hopefully our OL can provide a modicum of protection (?).

DaveBrown74

I'm not expecting much of anything from Tommy D. He was throwing the ball pretty well late in the game on Sunday, but the Raider D had clearly sluffed off with the lead they had plus that's a bad D to begin with. Unless Dallas completely doesn't show up for this game, I have a hard time seeing him be effective. He just doesn't have the experience to handle a situation like this, and he wasn't a good enough QB in college (ACC defenses are not good) to feel like he has enough intrinsic talent to get through it on that alone. His best hope is to game-manage and lean heavily on Barkley, but that's exactly what Dallas will be expecting.