News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

PFF heroes and goats the Raiders game

Started by MightyGiants, November 06, 2023, 01:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 06, 2023, 02:56:31 PMDidn't Mark Sanchez blame Hyatt for not trying to catch the ball inbounds?

He did.

I haven't seen the play today but I can't imagine how that's possible given where the ball was placed.

Ed Vette

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on November 06, 2023, 03:09:32 PMHe did.

I haven't seen the play today but I can't imagine how that's possible given where the ball was placed.
Hyatt was wide open halfway down the field and DJ missed the opportunity and lofted the ball so the coverage caught up. Plus it was a bad pass and not on Hyatt. The game call and coverage for the Giants has been atrocious and this is what you get with two crappy teams.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

LennG

Kafkas play calling has been a subject all year, why go with a hot hand (Barkley)when you can have a partially injured Jones throwing the ball.
Really just horrible game plans and adjustments.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

kingm56

Quote from: Ed Vette on November 06, 2023, 03:53:24 PMHyatt was wide open halfway down the field and DJ missed the opportunity and lofted the ball so the coverage caught up. Plus it was a bad pass and not on Hyatt. The game call and coverage for the Giants has been atrocious and this is what you get with two crappy teams.

How any broadcaster could blame that on the WR is bizarre; he was wide open with no safety over the top and DJ threw him out out-of-bounce.  As you stated, you get the D and E broadcast teams when you're in last place.  Charles Davis is equally terrible...

DaveBrown74

Quote from: kingm56 on November 07, 2023, 02:15:22 AMHow any broadcaster could blame that on the WR is bizarre; he was wide open with no safety over the top and DJ threw him out out-of-bounce.  As you stated, you get the D and E broadcast teams when you're in last place.  Charles Davis is equally terrible...

Agreed. Absurd call. The receiver was a stride or two clear, and the QB overthrew him. Pretty straightforward. And we're talking about one of the fastest runners in the league.

kingm56

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 07, 2023, 06:35:56 AMAgreed. Absurd call. The receiver was a stride or two clear, and the QB overthrew him. Pretty straightforward. And we're talking about one of the fastest runners in the league.

DJ actually missed him twice; this was the first 50+ play that he threw him out-of-bounce.  He caught it, but the ball was 5-yards outside.  I believe you're referring the other terrible throw...