News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

If DJ’s ACL blows 2 weeks earlier, do Giants get J. Dobbs?

Started by goNets, November 08, 2023, 12:14:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goNets

Really liked what I saw of Donna when we played Cards. Obviously, it was one game, but Dobbs looks to be a QB with a lot of upside. Would be an interesting hypothetical to consider a few years from now. Hopefully, it won't be yet another agonizing What Ifs.

Dgoodmantrublu

No. It would have been dumb at anytime to trade future assets in a lost season.

kingm56

Quote from: goNets on November 08, 2023, 12:14:09 AMReally liked what I saw of Donna when we played Cards. Obviously, it was one game, but Dobbs looks to be a QB with a lot of upside. Would be an interesting hypothetical to consider a few years from now. Hopefully, it won't be yet another agonizing What Ifs.

That scenario is highly unlikely; Dobbs is on his 5th team in 5 years.  I don't believe you'll be agonizing over much.  I'm glad the Giants aren't trying to win one or two meaningless games; the goal should be the highest possible draft choice. 

Gmo11

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on November 08, 2023, 12:21:22 AMNo. It would have been dumb at anytime to trade future assets in a lost season.

That would be a very gettleman thing to do. And since the Giants have an actual GM who knows what he's doing they were never under any circumstances going to trade for Josh Dobbs.

DaveBrown74

I would say no. The Giants paid pretty decent money for Taylor, who two weeks ago was fine. Why would they pay anything for another QB with the season pretty much over? To give away even a day three pick would be a waste. They need all the future assets they can get right now.

AYM

goNets

Ok. I've been away from watching football regularly for quite some time. I guess it's showing. Still I was impressed with Dobbs when he played us and then this game with Vikes.