News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Wink on McKinney

Started by MightyGiants, November 09, 2023, 12:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Charlotte Carroll
@charlottecrrll
Wink Martindale spoke candidly about Xavier McKinney's comments following Sunday's loss.

They came as a surprise and hurt. It's not something that's happened to #giants DC before 

Martindale said his message to the safety was that his public grievances hurt the locker room.

https://x.com/charlottecrrll/status/1722669000872591492?s=20

Pat Leonard
@PLeonardNYDN
Giants DC Wink Martindale says Xavier McKinney's comments surprised him because it's never happened to Martindale in his career. He told McKinney "it hurts the locker room and it hurts the defense."

He brought it up to all the captains, none of whom agreed with McKinney. Martindale: "We like confrontation." Otherwise something "grows" that shouldn't.

Asked if McKinney will be in his same starting FS role this week at Cowboys, Martindale says: "You're gonna have to talk to Dabes about that.... But as of right now we'll plan on having him in his usual role."

Martindale says he's hurt by this and doesn't know how he would have reacted if he'd heard this Sunday and had an opportunity to speak sooner #Giants
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

You won't see me complaining that much if they decide against signing McKinney next year. He hasn't proven himself to be tough, smart, or dependable IMO.

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 09, 2023, 12:52:45 PMYou won't see me complaining that much if they decide against signing McKinney next year. He hasn't proven himself to be tough, smart, or dependable IMO.

In his last year under Patrick Graham, McKinney looked like a star in the making.  In his first year under Wink, McKinney was all but invisible until the high-profile accident that cost him half the season.

This year McKinney was MIA until these comments shined a spotlight on him.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 09, 2023, 01:04:42 PMIn his last year under Patrick Graham, McKinney looked like a star in the making.  In his first year under Wink, McKinney was all but invisible until the high-profile accident that cost him half the season.

This year McKinney was MIA until these comments shined a spotlight on him.

Kind of Landon Collins 2.0

Dgoodmantrublu

I was wrong about McKinney. I now think he's gone.

TDToomer

Quote from: Philosophers on November 09, 2023, 01:36:57 PMKind of Landon Collins 2.0

So McKinney is a 3 time pro bowler, 1 time 2nd team all Pro?

If McKinney had these honors so many of us would just say he will demand too much money, like Love did, and say See ya.

We don't extend safeties even if they keep their mouths shut and don't get injured during bye week.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs