News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

I don’t know how to post a poll question but

Started by andrew_nyGiants, November 12, 2023, 10:41:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrew_nyGiants

I'm interested in knowing the percentage of my fellow Giants fans who still want to see this team finish strong and markedly improve through the end of this season

vs the percentage who would prefer that we finish in the bottom 3 (more than likely 4 wins or less) for a chance at a top three pick.

To be fair I'll go first: I'd like to see marked improvement particularly along the OL, back-up QB and special teams. Realistically I don't see all three areas being possible over the next eight games so I'll settle for the OL.

Even if it means we don't get a top 5 pick.

(To quote Will Ferrell in The Campaign): Now you go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

MightyGiants

@andrew_nyg to the right of the post a new topic button is the new poll button
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

EDjohnst1981

The Giants made the playoffs last year. There is absolutely zero carry over season to season.

I want them to be competitive yet a loss each week will not be crushing.

DaveBrown74

As I have stated in other threads, I can't root for them to lose on game day. That's just not in my DNA.

However, I do recognize the uniqueness of this year, in that we are highly likely to be looking for a new QB in this next draft. Given how early the best QBs usually go, it seems clear that the higher a pick we have the better off we'll be. As we all know, in today's NFL the difference between having a good to great QB versus not having one is massive.

Having said all that, we have a lot of young players on this team who I expect to be around for a while, and if the Giants lose every remaining game that will almost certainly have meant that many if not most or even all of these young players were very disappointing. That would not be good. So those who actively want us to lose every game should at least consider that point.

Still, QB is so important that if we end up losing a lot of games, leading us to have a top two pick or close enough to be able to potentially trade, I am not going to be surprised or devastated about it. After the way things have gone the last five seasons, I really want to get that position right.

Philosophers

I simply have no interest in watching a Tommy DeVito led Giants team.  Watching likely bad football is a waste of time for me and I value time.  Win or lose now, I simply dont care.  That's probably the worst category for a football fan to stop caring for this season.