News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Dabs may not survive this season,

Started by Ed Vette, November 12, 2023, 06:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jclayton92

Schoen has been a better gm in 2 offseasons than we've seen in 2 decades.

I don't get it? The season is lost and you wanted them to go hell for leather or run exotic Plays? Schoen and daboll are serving up vanilla the rest of the season not just because of injuries but draft capital.

It's not Daboll, the guy is a good coach, maybe Kafka is gone as he hasn't done much period but no team is going to be good without a good qb. Name 1 team lighting it up without a good qb?

Just really hope we get past the overreactions because this is how it's going to be the rest of the season.

TDToomer

Quote from: umassgrad on November 12, 2023, 08:53:09 PMDabs was dealt a bad hand this season with injuries and a tough schedule but the glaring problem with his coaching is the behavior of his players and assistant coaches. Players are arguing with each other and some players are calling out coaches in the press. Today Dabs and Wink seemed to be questioning each other. He's seemed to have lost the team which usually leads to a firing. Where is the old Dabs fire on the sideline? He now seems to sulk on the sidelines, he looks whipped in the 1st quarter. He seems to have lost his confidence.

Are we seriously blaming the schedule makers? We lost to the crappy Raiders and Jets. 
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Quote from: TDToomer on November 12, 2023, 09:01:04 PMAre we seriously blaming the schedule makers? We lost to the crappy Raiders and Jets. 

The crappy Jets that beat the Bills and the Eagles? Wait until we play the Eagles.

TDToomer

Quote from: Ed Vette on November 12, 2023, 09:11:29 PMhttps://x.com/lt4kicks/status/1723871673588285819?

And? Is Tynes going to give us as in depth analysis and hot take of his former team or just try to get liked on Twitter? What a useless comment by Tynes which is pretty much his entire feed.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

kartanoman

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

TDToomer

Quote from: kartanoman on November 12, 2023, 09:46:00 PMThis begs watching the rest of the season.

Can someone please elaborate on what this was all about? I don't subscribe to X.

Ed Vette

Quote from: TDToomer on November 12, 2023, 09:44:19 PMAnd? Is Tynes going to give us as in depth analysis and hot take of his former team or just try to get liked on Twitter? What a useless comment by Tynes which is pretty much his entire feed.
He really flipped today.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

TDToomer

Quote from: Ed Vette on November 12, 2023, 10:08:42 PMHe really flipped today.

Is he a springboard diver now? What did he say???? Not all of us use X/Twitter. So blanket reposts mean nothing without context.

Ed Vette

Like I said in the OP, Daboll is going to have to cut at least one of his coaches. The status quo isn't going to fly. As each embarrassing loss mounts the press will continue to rile up the masses. Then when they play at home and the stadium is filled with other colors and the boo birds start in, eventually the chants to fire will begin. I've been witness to this scene all too many times.

I'm sure the owners realize the injuries, the incomplete rebuild and the QB situation are a coach killer. His demeanor on the sideline has been tempered so I know he's been spoken to and these player outbursts are the result of losing.

~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Quote from: TDToomer on November 12, 2023, 10:12:29 PMIs he a springboard diver now? What did he say???? Not all of us use X/Twitter. So blanket reposts mean nothing without context.
He was a huge DJ supporter and passed out the Kool Aid. This is the first I've seen where he threw up his hands. Almost seemed like sarcasm. But it's not.
https://x.com/lt4kicks/status/1723858510843084851?
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

bobalobabingbong

Quote from: TDToomer on November 12, 2023, 10:12:29 PMIs he a springboard diver now? What did he say???? Not all of us use X/Twitter. So blanket reposts mean nothing without context.

You should be able to read the tweet without an account. On a browser this site will show you the tweet as well.

Dan Snyder said
QuoteI didn't expect the #Giants to compete with a playoff team who already beat them 40-0 Week 1 when everyone was healthy. I don't expect Devito to be competitive in general, tbh.
BUT the sideline spats b/w Shep & Slayton and Daboll & Wink are at least somewhat concerning to me.

Tynes said
QuoteTHE NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS FRANCHISE IS BROKEN!

- Dan

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

TDToomer

Quote from: bobalobabingbong on November 12, 2023, 10:21:52 PMYou should be able to read the tweet without an account. On a browser this site will show you the tweet as well.

Dan Snyder said
Tynes said

I can read the tweet and it is meaningless. Tynes is not a serious football critic. I don't see him on TV. I don't hear him on the radio. Anyone can post on X. So why should we take anything he posts seriously?