News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Where’s Pete Rozelle when you need him?

Started by andrew_nyGiants, November 12, 2023, 07:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrew_nyGiants

The day that Rozelle intervened between Wellington & Tim to "suggest" they hire George Young turned out to be one of the greatest days in Giants history.

The current state of this franchise especially considering the past 10 years feels like it needs a similar intervention.

The Maras need someone to tell them that their glory years happened in spite of and not because of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

kartanoman

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on November 12, 2023, 07:00:29 PMThe day that Rozelle intervened between Wellington & Tim to "suggest" they hire George Young turned out to be one of the greatest days in Giants history.

The current state of this franchise especially considering the past 10 years feels like it needs a similar intervention.

The Maras need someone to tell them that their glory years happened in spite of and not because of them.

Andrew,

I nominate you as the reincarnation of old Pete himself.

Now that you're the commish, just who in football circles do you recommend for the job of Young/Perkins/Simms part deux?

Those days are long over and we're not getting them back. The only thing you should hope for is that the Mara family decides to sell their interest and a new controlling interest in the team runs the show differently.

But should that day come to fruition, be careful what you asked for.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

AZGiantFan

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on November 12, 2023, 07:00:29 PMThe day that Rozelle intervened between Wellington & Tim to "suggest" they hire George Young turned out to be one of the greatest days in Giants history.

It wasn't just hiring Young that did it.  It was telling Mara to give him full authority and keep his nose out of it.  It's that latter part that was the real key.  And what is needed now.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll