News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Thanksgiving trivia

Started by LennG, November 16, 2023, 02:03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

Since the tradition of playing football on Thanksgiving, only ONE team has never made an appearance on Turkey Day.

Without googling it, who is this team?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

T200

:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

DaveBrown74

ozzie

Hmmmm....tough one. I will assume you're including only current franchises and say Tampa Bay Bucs?
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

TDToomer

"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Giant Obsession

Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

Ed Vette

There's an argument to be made that most of the time the Lions don't show up.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Dumpster Dan

I'm disqualifying myself Len because I guess its old guys like us who think of these things

I will say--no correct answer yet

Dumpster Dan

Giant Obsession

Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

LennG

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

Wild Guess, the Niners popped in my head.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Giant Obsession

The Jaguars.  My youngest nephew a big Jags fan told me.
Mike

kartanoman

Quote from: Giant Obsession on November 16, 2023, 11:40:44 PMThe Jaguars.  My youngest nephew a big Jags fan told me.

It has to be one of the two expansion teams of 1995. I thought I remember Carolina playing Dallas a few years ago, so .... I'm on board with you that it would have to be Jacksonville.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

LennG

Mike wins the cigar.
Jax it is

Charlie Weiss