News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Charissa Thompson's admission of faked sideline reports

Started by LennG, November 16, 2023, 07:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

It needs to be, "coach was unavailable, but I managed to catch up with xyz (coordinator, QB coach, medical staff, player, etc).

The reality is these in-game interviews are dumb. I can't stand the idea of them. Forcing coaches, players, or anyone else to talk to the media between the start and end of a game is ridiculous. Why isn't it enough for them to talk to the media both before and after the game? They have to do it during, too? I think it's incredibly disruptive to expect coaches, players, or anyone else to do it. Why can't they just comment after the game. Plus isn't a post-game comment, when all the action has been played, likely to be a more interesting and insightful comment?

I'm a NY Rangers fan, as are many here. Since I was watching games as a kid in the 80s, and I'm sure before that, MSG network always interviewed players in between periods. I have never liked this. The player should be able to be in the locker room with his teammates and coaches then, either talking to them or just chilling out in silence. To have to do a TV interview then is insane. I have no problem with requiring athletes and coaches to make themselves available to the media after games, as well as during the week, but in-game? It's absurd, and it really needs to stop because it's bad for the individuals involved, and fans really don't care.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 17, 2023, 04:13:31 PMIt needs to be, "coach was unavailable, but I managed to catch up with xyz (coordinator, QB coach, medical staff, player, etc).

The reality is these in-game interviews are dumb. I can't stand the idea of them. Forcing coaches, players, or anyone else to talk to the media between the start and end of a game is ridiculous. Why isn't it enough for them to talk to the media both before and after the game? They have to do it during, too? I think it's incredibly disruptive to expect coaches, players, or anyone else to do it. Why can't they just comment after the game. Plus isn't a post-game comment, when all the action has been played, likely to be a more interesting and insightful comment?

I'm a NY Rangers fan, as are many here. Since I was watching games as a kid in the 80s, and I'm sure before that, MSG network always interviewed players in between periods. I have never liked this. The player should be able to be in the locker room with his teammates and coaches then, either talking to them or just chilling out in silence. To have to do a TV interview then is insane. I have no problem with requiring athletes and coaches to make themselves available to the media after games, as well as during the week, but in-game? It's absurd, and it really needs to stop because it's bad for the individuals involved, and fans really don't care.

I agree these in-game soundbites are dumb.  But dumb is no excuse for being dishonest.  Maybe it is a generational thing.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Philosophers

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 17, 2023, 04:13:31 PMIt needs to be, "coach was unavailable, but I managed to catch up with xyz (coordinator, QB coach, medical staff, player, etc).

Bingo.  Find somebody

babywhales

Journalism is dead

Sensationalized current events has taken its place

"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

Woody

A reporter can't make stuff up.  Really. Will the truth ever be reported on net work tv?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uconnjack8

Ah yes, a sideline reporter lied so journalism is dead.   :laugh:

Woody

Only politicians are allowed to lie. It's part of their job to do so.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Woody on November 18, 2023, 02:07:37 PMOnly politicians are allowed to lie. It's part of their job to do so.

Or blatantly plagiarize, if we're talking about certain ones.

spiderblue43

She's eye candy. There are plenty of women covering football totally legit. She ain't one of them.

As far sideline hotties go, they are useful with injury real time stuff. That's about it. Ask Daboll what he thinks of them. :P

Jaime

Dave, I like the NY Rangers intermission interviews with Players, especially with those who just scored. They break down how the play evolved and who assisted. Basically, how did the scoring play happen. Also, they have Rookies explaining their experience of how they became a NY Rangers Player. Many diverse stories there.
I like hearing how Free Agents are fitting in and what they think of our HC and Staff :hmm:

As for the eye candy on the sidelines, real time injury Intel has a value, and can be significant re; the Player and the extent of the injury. But other than that, it's just boring boiler plate content. Their wardrobe is key as well. Smart looking outfits can make a huge impact. Conversely, mundane outfits have the opposite appeal to smart looking wardrobe.  ;)