News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Banks has words for the Commanders (warning to safe for work language)

Started by MightyGiants, November 20, 2023, 11:19:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

JT39

Just a stupid comment from him. Shows a true lack of immaturity especially since he has been struggling mightily. And someone should tell him he isnt 2-0. The Giants are.

nb587

Looked to me that on the Sam Howell TD that Banks had a chance to tackle Howell short of the goal line had he wrapped him up & tackled him instead of just hitting him.

DaveBrown74

I hate to say this, but this is Yung Joka type behavior.

Banks needs to shut up. Nobody on a 3-8 team should be bragging about anything.

B1GBLUE

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 20, 2023, 11:19:00 AMSeems like he remembers the Commanders opted to draft Emmanuel Forbes at 16 instead of him

https://x.com/BallsDeepInYm3/status/1726354489731686762?s=20

he needs to simmer down a bit. your a rookie on a 3 win team who got beat for a td yesterday. your play has been rather pedestrian lately. when you put up 3 picks against them say whatever you want. but this is immature and not really a good look for him. theres a bunch of other teams that could have taken him as well.

Uni

Yes, but Banks went to Maryland, so the Commanders were the local team and he wanted to play for them but they took a lesser CB in front of him. So not a good look, but it's not a random FU to the Commanders

Gmo11

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 20, 2023, 11:29:59 AMI hate to say this, but this is Yung Joka type behavior.

Banks needs to shut up. Nobody on a 3-8 team should be bragging about anything.

I mean...Banks plays good football and plays just about every week.  So not really like that Joka fella who does neither of those things.  I personally couldn't possibly care less what he needs to be motivated to play at the level he's played at this season as a rookie no less.  If he finds motivation sticking to the Commanders at every opportunity God bless him. 

If he actually was a crappy as, say, Deandre Baker and doing this then sure that would be pretty stupid.  But he's having an excellent season that's far and away better than the guy drafted ahead of him.  So as far as I'm concerned talk yo sh*t young man!

madbadger

Lol. I'm sure his teammates and coaches are going to have a chat with him. I don't recall him running his suck after loosing to Seattle who drafted Witherspoon instead of him. I'll chalk this up to youthful indiscretion but we've won three f-ing games and he hasn't played well enough to talk crap to the front office of another team.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Gmo11 on November 20, 2023, 11:53:39 AMI mean...Banks plays good football and plays just about every week.  So not really like that Joka fella who does neither of those things.  I personally couldn't possibly care less what he needs to be motivated to play at the level he's played at this season as a rookie no less.  If he finds motivation sticking to the Commanders at every opportunity God bless him. 

If he actually was a crappy as, say, Deandre Baker and doing this then sure that would be pretty stupid.  But he's having an excellent season that's far and away better than the guy drafted ahead of him.  So as far as I'm concerned talk yo sh*t young man!

We agree on most things GMO, but I guess we just don't agree on this one. I like Banks overall and I'm glad he's a Giant, but I don't like public profanity-laced tirades at other teams by our players on social media. Especially when we're a bottom-dwelling team like we are now. I just don't think it is a good look in any way, and I hope he doesn't continue to do stuff like this.

Show teams up on the field. Not on twitter or tik-tok like a 12 year old.

Gmo11

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 20, 2023, 12:19:27 PMWe agree on most things GMO, but I guess we just don't agree on this one. I like Banks overall and I'm glad he's a Giant, but I don't like public profanity-laced tirades at other teams by our players on social media. Especially when we're a bottom-dwelling team like we are now. I just don't think it is a good look in any way, and I hope he doesn't continue to do stuff like this.

Show teams up on the field. Not on twitter or tik-tok like a 12 year old.

It was bound to happen some time!  I don't know, I just don't really care one way or the other as long as the guy is playing well on the field which he is.  He's having a great season.  Yea of course he didn't talk crap after the Seahawks game...they lost!  I would have had more of a problem talking crap then than I do after beating Washington twice. 

Plus he is from Maryland, went to school in Maryland, was a WAshington fan growing up and had a great chance to be drafted by his hometown favorite team only to see them trade up to pick a lesser player.  I get his motivation to stick it to them in particular and as long as he keeps playing well I'm fine.  Just don't start stinking up the joint and doing this.

TDToomer

Reminds me of when Richard Sherman chose a post game interview to insult Michael Crabtree instead of be happy about his his play and his team's win.

If I am comparing Bank to Sherman that might also be a good sign. Be more like Sherman on the field.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

DaveBrown74

Quote from: TDToomer on November 20, 2023, 01:56:04 PMReminds me of when Richard Sherman chose a post game interview to insult Michael Crabtree instead of be happy about his his play and his team's win.

If I am comparing Bank to Sherman that might also be a good sign. Be more like Sherman on the field.

As long as he doesn't get arrested for burglary and domestic violence like Sherman....

sooners56

Don't necessarily like the tirade but it was obviously personal to him for the Commanders to not draft him. If he makes these tirades a habit then I'd be concerned.
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

DaveBrown74

Quote from: sooners56 on November 20, 2023, 02:23:21 PMDon't necessarily like the tirade but it was obviously personal to him for the Commanders to not draft him. If he makes these tirades a habit then I'd be concerned.

Fair enough. I'll go along with this point of view.

Full pass granted. Akin to Thibodeaux's pass for the snow angel.

zephirus

I'm not entirely sure who's Twitter handle is "Balls Deep in Your Mom" but if it's Banks, grow up.  If he's responding to some other user with that handle, shame on him, and grow up.