News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

PFF Heroes and Goats - The Commanders game

Started by MightyGiants, November 20, 2023, 01:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

OFFENSE

Heroes

Darius Slayton

Goats

Sterling Shepard
Matt Breida
Jalin Hyatt
Ben Bredeson
John Michael Schmitz Jr.
Justin Pugh

For those wondering, TD's grade was- 70.7

DEFENSE

Heroes

Nick McCloud (elite)
Cor'Dale Flott
Isaiah Simmons (near elite)
Dexter Lawrence (near elite)
Xavier McKinney
Bobby Okereke

Goats

Tre Hawkins III
Jihad Ward
Rakeem Nunez-Roches
Micah McFadden
A'Shawn Robinson
Azeez Ojulari

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Obviously it's not a big deal, but I'm somewhat surprised by DeVito's grade. I mean the guy had a 138 rating and threw three TD passes with zero turnovers in a game in which he got completely killed (9 sacks).

Maybe they're saying some of the sacks were his fault, which I would not push back on, but even if that's the reason he obviously still found a way to be very productive on the road in a winning effort. I feel like 70 is low for him.

Gmo11

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 20, 2023, 01:32:22 PMObviously it's not a big deal, but I'm somewhat surprised by DeVito's grade. I mean the guy had a 138 rating and threw three TD passes with zero turnovers in a game in which he got completely killed (9 sacks).

Maybe they're saying some of the sacks were his fault, which I would not push back on, but even if that's the reason he obviously still found a way to be very productive on the road in a winning effort. I feel like 70 is low for him.

That would be my guess.  I'm thinking a lot of those sacks were on him but at the same time better to take a sack than do what Howell was doing and throw a bunch of picks.  I think 70 is a fair grade.  A lot more good than we've seen from that position all year but nothing to make me think "holy crap this kid is the real deal".  At least not yet.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Gmo11 on November 20, 2023, 01:38:21 PMThat would be my guess.  I'm thinking a lot of those sacks were on him but at the same time better to take a sack than do what Howell was doing and throw a bunch of picks.  I think 70 is a fair grade.  A lot more good than we've seen from that position all year but nothing to make me think "holy crap this kid is the real deal".  At least not yet.

Oh yeah I'm certainly not thinking he's "the real deal" either at this point. He wasn't good at all against the Cowboys (the cheap late TD may have helped his stats but was utterly irrelevant and the Cowboys all but let him have it as their starters already had their pads off and were giggling on the sidelines about how easy the game was).

I just thought 70 felt a bit low for this game, but I appreciate these guys have their methods.

TDToomer

I'm at the point where I no longer care what PFF thinks of McFadden. He passes my eyeball test.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Ed Vette

Is anyone else disappointed in JMS? Pugh is a better Tackle than a Guard. Bredeson has also been a disappointment. The positive is that the Tackles held up. Phillips has outplayed Evan Neal and I would hope that the old Daboll shows his face and sticks with the better player for the sake of Tommy. Bredeson should be at LG and Glow or Pugh at RG. BB has never played well at RG. JMS needs off-season conditioning and some sand in his pants. I'll bring the Ribs.

I think Tommy did what was expected of a QB on some of those throws. He did miss a couple of Open Receivers and held the ball too long at times. He also made some good throws that I'd give him a +1 or a +2. I think his grade is appropriate and btw, a 70 is a very good grade.

ILB is one of those positions where you can look good on one play and bad on another. What he does do is step up on key plays and I'll take it.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Dgoodmantrublu

JMS played fine. PFF is crap and always has been. They don't know what they are watching and what the responsibilities are. This is my one and only post on this thread because I shouldn't even reply at all to anything PFF.

Ed Vette

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on November 20, 2023, 02:54:29 PMJMS played fine. PFF is crap and always has been. They don't know what they are watching and what the responsibilities are. This is my one and only post on this thread because I shouldn't even reply at all to anything PFF.
He didn't play fine. He had two whiffs, fell down, and was bullrushed on the first drive alone. He was a mixed bag of good plays and poor plays. He was fine on his double teams but when he was one one-on-one with Payne and Ridgeway, they manhandled and got past him. There were a few plays where he pulled or went to the second level and was lost in space. I don't know what his Pass Pro and Run Grades were but I would have graded him in the 50's. @MightyGiants what were his grades respectively? 
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on November 20, 2023, 03:53:42 PMHe didn't play fine. He had two whiffs, fell down, and was bullrushed on the first drive alone. He was a mixed bag of good plays and poor plays. He was fine on his double teams but when he was one one-on-one with Payne and Ridgeway, they manhandled and got past him. There were a few plays where he pulled or went to the second level and was lost in space. I don't know what his Pass Pro and Run Grades were but I would have graded him in the 50's. @MightyGiants what were his grades respectively? 

Pass blocking- 36.8
Run Blocking- 55.3
Overall- 51.3
According to PFF JMS gave up one sack and two hurries
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

B1GBLUE

Quote from: Ed Vette on November 20, 2023, 03:53:42 PMHe didn't play fine. He had two whiffs, fell down, and was bullrushed on the first drive alone. He was a mixed bag of good plays and poor plays. He was fine on his double teams but when he was one one-on-one with Payne and Ridgeway, they manhandled and got past him. There were a few plays where he pulled or went to the second level and was lost in space. I don't know what his Pass Pro and Run Grades were but I would have graded him in the 50's. @MightyGiants what were his grades respectively? 

he def had some up and down plays as expected of a rookie. i think his grade was rightfully earned

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 20, 2023, 03:55:39 PMPass blocking- 36.8
Run Blocking- 55.3
Overall- 51.3
According to PFF JMS gave up one sack and two hurries
Thanks Rich. Right about where I had him. I also had two sacks on him but that's subjective.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Dgoodmantrublu

I stand by everything I said. He was fine. Washington's two best players are their two interior DLs. He held up fine. Most of the pressure was not related to him. It was DeVito holding onto the ball way too long.

Jclayton92

Flott is a gamer, and I doesn't really bother me that he was ejected as he took Washington's 2nd best offensive player with him. I see him getting better weekly. I think Banks and Flott are the foundation of the new secondary with pinnock.

Dgoodmantrublu

I thought those ejection were ridiculous considering what Trent Williams got away with earlier in the season.

Ed Vette

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on November 20, 2023, 03:58:51 PMI stand by everything I said. He was fine. Washington's two best players are their two interior DLs. He held up fine. Most of the pressure was not related to him. It was DeVito holding onto the ball way too long.
OK, I'm watching the breakdown from a different perspective than you are. I'm watching his one-one-on matchups and what he was expected against his execution. You're looking at pressure and sacks. You may not think it's pressure when he whiffs or falls down but it contributes to the available movement of the QB in the pocket. Those breakdowns may not have resulted in a hit, hurry, or sack but they could have. It kept Tommy from stepping up in the pocket to deliver a pass on those blitz packages.

You can have your opinion.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin