News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Lets talk about QBs on other teams likely GONE

Started by brownelvis54, November 22, 2023, 09:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownelvis54

If teams move on from some of these guys. Would you go after any of these men, regardless of what we do with Jones for 2024 season. Some might be better than Jones, Some better than Taylor or Devito?

Wilson, Zach (looks done with Jets)

Mayfield, Baker

Fields, Justin (if the Bears move on)

Murray, Kyler (if Arizona drafts a QB)

Willis, Malik

Corral, Matt

Or any others you guys can think of.

The KING is in the building

Dgoodmantrublu

Kyler Murray is the only one of these guys I'd remotely be interested in.

kingm56

I'm not convinced the Bears will move on from Fields; he's actually played well in his last three games.  Moreover, his 17 game projection puts him among the top 5 NFC QBs:

Passing
3327 Yards  30 TD  14 INT   93.3 RTG
Rushing
830 Yards   3 TDs

Fields' trajectory mimics other successful QBs where they tend to showcase thier protentional between games 20 and 25. In his last three games, he has 10 TDs, which is nothing to sneeze at...if he continues on this path, I suspect the Bears may go WR, or look to trade back AND get a blue-chip prospect.   

katkavage

Quote from: kingm56 on November 22, 2023, 10:50:31 PMI'm not convinced the Bears will move on from Fields; he's actually played well in his last three games.  Moreover, his 17 game projection puts him among the top 5 NFC QBs:

Passing
Rushing
830 Yards   3 TDs

Fields' trajectory mimics other successful QBs where they tend to showcase thier protentional between games 20 and 25. In his last three games, he has 10 TDs, which is nothing to sneeze at...if he continues on this path, I suspect the Bears may go WR, or look to trade back AND get a blue-chip prospect.   
I'm sure whenever they pick, first, second or third, they will target Harrison and go from there.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: kingm56 on November 22, 2023, 10:50:31 PMI'm not convinced the Bears will move on from Fields; he's actually played well in his last three games.  Moreover, his 17 game projection puts him among the top 5 NFC QBs:

Passing
Rushing
830 Yards   3 TDs

I am very much in agreement King. In that I don't think it's obvious that they'll move on, as lots of people seem to. Fields has gotten better each year, but the team around him is putrid. Plus let's not forget they showed no interest in Stroud or Young or Richardson last year, and Fields' numbers are better this year (so far). It's certainly possible they could take a QB, but I don't think it's a given. The prospect of keeping Fields and getting two elite players with those two picks may be more appealing to them than starting over with a QB who could be a bust.

President Rick

no one on that list IMO has better upside than DJ.  Arguably, any of those teams would like to have DJ when he's healthy over the guys on the list  [ok the jests have rodgers, but let's see how he returns from that ugly injury]. 
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

brownelvis54

Passing
Rushing
830 Yards   3 TDs

You could be right, but if the Bears can get Calib Williams, it could be possible IMO
The KING is in the building

H-Town G-Fan

For the Fields issue, also consider that Ryan Pace didn't draft him. He's going to have a great opportunity to draft his own guy this coming occasion, while Fields is going to be looking for his second contract. Economics probably have more to do with if they move on from Fields than pure performance. If the Giants had the #1 overall pick last season, you think they give DJ the contract he got?

Philosophers

Passing
Rushing
830 Yards   3 TDs

Completely agree.  Those are stats in NFL not college which differentiates him from unproven Williams and Maye.  I see them using one pick on Harrison then trading other back to get more picks.  They are far from contending.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on November 23, 2023, 12:29:26 PMFor the Fields issue, also consider that Ryan Pace didn't draft him. He's going to have a great opportunity to draft his own guy this coming occasion, while Fields is going to be looking for his second contract. Economics probably have more to do with if they move on from Fields than pure performance. If the Giants had the #1 overall pick last season, you think they give DJ the contract he got?

Good points.

Pace's first two seasons obviously haven't gone well, so moving on from Fields gives him a scapegoat of sorts and might by him two more years, because it's a little tough to fire a GM after his QB's rookie year.

This is partially why I think Schoen is taking a QB this year, almost no matter what. His situation is obviously different though as he did sign Jones.