News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants Management At College Games This Past Weekend

Started by Philosophers, November 26, 2023, 04:58:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philosophers

Michigan - Ohio St.  Assistant GM Brandon Brown, Director of Player Personnel Tim McDonell and Area Scout Brendan Prophett

Oregon - Oregon St. GM Joe Schoen

Michigan - Penn State - Giants scouts

Texas - Texas Tech - Giants Scouts

Very surprised Joe Schoen was not at Michigan - Ohio St. game especially with the number of 1st round and mid-round picks to look at in what would be each team's most competitive game.  Who was Schoen looking at in Oregon - Oregon St.?  Bo Nix?  Bucky Irving?

GeauxJints

Ugh I've lost too much money betting on Bo Nix over his 1000 year college career, don't do it Joe!!

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Philosophers on November 26, 2023, 04:58:18 PMMichigan - Ohio St.  Assistant GM Brandon Brown, Director of Player Personnel Tim McDonell and Area Scout Brendan Prophett

Oregon - Oregon St. GM Joe Schoen

Michigan - Penn State - Giants scouts

Texas - Texas Tech - Giants Scouts

Very surprised Joe Schoen was not at Michigan - Ohio St. game especially with the number of 1st round and mid-round picks to look at in what would be each team's most competitive game.  Who was Schoen looking at in Oregon - Oregon St.?  Bo Nix?  Bucky Irving?

I get the sense Schoen is investing most if not all of his personal time looking at the QBs. Let's face facts - his decision at this position will likely be what most shapes his legacy as Giants' GM. He has plenty of underlings to look at guards and linebackers and report back to him.

TDToomer

Quote from: GeauxJints on November 26, 2023, 05:12:34 PMUgh I've lost too much money betting on Bo Nix over his 1000 year college career, don't do it Joe!!

Maybe you have a gambling problem.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

GeauxJints

Bob In PA

Quote from: GeauxJints on November 26, 2023, 05:12:34 PMUgh I've lost too much money betting on Bo Nix over his 1000 year college career, don't do it Joe!!
Geaux: I don't like him either, but he's rising right now. Next week we'll see if he can climb the mountain. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

GeauxJints

Quote from: Bob In PA on November 27, 2023, 10:15:30 AMGeaux: I don't like him either, but he's rising right now. Next week we'll see if he can climb the mountain. Bob

Sure but he was trash for 3 years at Auburn. I don't feel good about a 5th year guy finally breaking out in the PAC where it's tough to find a successful NFL QB. Same with Penix, was trash at Indiana before transferring to a PAC 12 that has like 4 defenses in the top 60 in regards to YPG.

Bob In PA

Quote from: GeauxJints on November 27, 2023, 10:49:35 AMSure but he was trash for 3 years at Auburn. I don't feel good about a 5th year guy finally breaking out in the PAC where it's tough to find a successful NFL QB. Same with Penix, was trash at Indiana before transferring to a PAC 12 that has like 4 defenses in the top 60 in regards to YPG.
Geaux: Agree. That's why I didn't like him to start with.

But he's "hot" right now... he'll never be in a better position to beat Washington than right now.

It will be interesting.

Bob

madbadger

Quote from: GeauxJints on November 27, 2023, 10:49:35 AMSure but he was trash for 3 years at Auburn. I don't feel good about a 5th year guy finally breaking out in the PAC where it's tough to find a successful NFL QB. Same with Penix, was trash at Indiana before transferring to a PAC 12 that has like 4 defenses in the top 60 in regards to YPG.

Be consistent and apply that same set of standards to Daniels who sucked at ASU. FWIW neither Nix or Penix are one year wonders. Both had really good years last year.

Uni

I'm warming up to Nix a little. I also remember his Auburn days, so it's not easy to get on board. But it's pretty common for QBs to have moment where the lightbulb turns on. So I shouldn't begrudge Nix for his Auburn days.

But man... he was pretty bad

Philosophers

I think it's unfair to judge players who transfer out to another school then find success at that school.  It may be due to better fitting scheme, maturity, better communication with position coach/head coach, etc.  I'd be more worried if a player didn't develop as being the red flag.

Bob In PA

Quote from: Uni on November 27, 2023, 12:41:20 PMI'm warming up to Nix a little. I also remember his Auburn days, so it's not easy to get on board. But it's pretty common for QBs to have moment where the lightbulb turns on. So I shouldn't begrudge Nix for his Auburn days.

But man... he was pretty bad
Uni: Must agree 100 percent.  However, one year can make a big difference in any QB - whether he was improving from good to great OR (as in the case of Nix) from bad to good. Bob

GeauxJints

Quote from: madbadger on November 27, 2023, 11:33:01 AMBe consistent and apply that same set of standards to Daniels who sucked at ASU. FWIW neither Nix or Penix are one year wonders. Both had really good years last year.

Agreed, and that's the one hesitancy I have with Daniels. I do however tend to hold my weight in QBs going against SEC defenses than PAC 12. I know he also has Nabers and Thomas, but Burrow had Chase and Jefferson, so it can translate. Obviously case by case of course.

Uni

Actually, Daniels was great his first year at ASU. It was the other two years that were terrible.

And yes, Daniels going from PAC-12 to SEC is moving up in competition versus Nix moving down from the SEC to the PAC-12.

Okay, you've convinced me, McCarthy it is

Bob In PA

Quote from: Uni on November 27, 2023, 04:11:20 PMActually, Daniels was great his first year at ASU. It was the other two years that were terrible.

And yes, Daniels going from PAC-12 to SEC is moving up in competition versus Nix moving down from the SEC to the PAC-12.

Okay, you've convinced me, McCarthy it is

Good one, Uni.