News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants fall to No. 6 in 2024 NFL Draft after beating Patriots

Started by LennG, November 26, 2023, 08:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dgoodmantrublu

Getting a real QB is not wasting capital. It is vital to do so to get your guy. Nothing matters more.

Quote from: GeauxJints on November 27, 2023, 09:46:48 AMDo we think Daniels can slide to the #6 spot? I know we still have games left but WASH right ahead of us, and I can see them moving on from Howell. Really don't want to have to trade up and waste capital.  :doh:

MightyGiants

Quote from: spiderblue43 on November 26, 2023, 08:43:16 PMDon't think they have anymore wins with Tommy Gun.

Packers..Saints .Rams..Eagles..last game is a possible tank job but they have to beat Dallas..Niners.

Over the last decade you could count on two things happening more often than not:

1)  The Giants season would be over by Thanksgiving (sometimes Haloween)

2)  The Giants winning meaningless games to ruin tanking

I wouldn't be shocked if the Giants get at least 2 more wins.  I see wins being possible against the Saints, Packers, and Rams.  I also see a possible win the last game of the season if the Eagles are resting their starters.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

TDToomer

The Rams will crush us. They have a healthy trio of Stafford, Kyron and Cupp plus Nakua. They are the one NFC team currently out of the wildcard that I see sneaking into the playoffs.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

coggs

Quote from: Philosophers on November 27, 2023, 09:50:37 AMWhy wouldn't they complain about the OL?  I think they're up to 62 sacks.  They're primarily the ones to blame.

They gave up friggin 6 sacks to the Patriots, the worst team in the league.  That's how bad the OL is.
I would have to watch the plays again, but feel like most of the sacks yesterday were on DeVito, not the OL.

Dgoodmantrublu

People still think all sacks are on the OL. Ridiculous. DeVito has the pocket presence of a sloth. He created most of those sacks himself.

Philosophers

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on November 27, 2023, 11:32:21 AMPeople still think all sacks are on the OL. Ridiculous. DeVito has the pocket presence of a sloth. He created most of those sacks himself.

Yeah so 62 sacks have been on the QBs?  I have seen most of the sacks this season and it has generally been a Giants offensive lineman getting beaten early or just an early wholesale collapse of the pocket.  In both cases, the QB did not even have time to plant his back foot to step into a throw.

Have there been some coverage sacks?  Yes, but I'd say 10% - 15% only of the 62 total.  For those sacks the QB needed to do more.

coggs

Quote from: Philosophers on November 27, 2023, 12:53:45 PMYeah so 62 sacks have been on the QBs?  I have seen most of the sacks this season and it has generally been a Giants offensive lineman getting beaten early or just an early wholesale collapse of the pocket.  In both cases, the QB did not even have time to plant his back foot to step into a throw.

Have there been some coverage sacks?  Yes, but I'd say 10% - 15% only of the 62 total.  For those sacks the QB needed to do more.

I am talking about 6 yesterday.  There was the breakdown I think by Baldinger on the Seattle game.  Jones was sacked 10 times and 3 or 4 were on the OLine.  Not saying 3 or 4 is good, but not as terrible as 10.

Dgoodmantrublu

It is all just an excuse by fans to not truly evaluate the QB play.