News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT: NFL Suspends Cameraman After Hill Celebration

Started by T200, November 30, 2023, 09:09:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T200

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-suspends-cameraman-for-remainder-of-2023-season-following-viral-tyreek-hill-touchdown-celebration/

Tyreek Hill grabbed the cameraman's phone and recorded himself doing a backflip after scoring a TD. The "No Fun League" suspended the cameraman and has yet to decide whether it will be a permanent termination.  :boooo:  :boooo:  :boooo:
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Ed Vette

Yet they didn't discipline the player. How stupid.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Watching the video, the thing that struck me was, "Where the F** was the man's camera?"   I seriously doubt the NFL hires media people just to hang out on the sidelines with their cell phones.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

TDToomer

How is a 20 year old getting such a prestigious job filming the sidelines of an NFL game. People his age are film majors in college.

Why wasn't Joe Horn suspended for the rest of the season when he hid his cell phone in the end zone and took it out to make a phone call after scoring a TD against us back in the mid-aughts?
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

GeauxJints

"I shouldn't have jumped on the sidelines after the play". What a disgrace the NFL is becoming. How about don't have people filming for social media if you don't want them to catch viral moments. I'm sure the NFL is making a TON of money off that backflip video.

This entire world has lost common sense and it's a real big problem  ~X(  ~X(

MightyGiants

Quote from: TDToomer on November 30, 2023, 09:35:21 AMHow is a 20 year old getting such a prestigious job filming the sidelines of an NFL game. People his age are film majors in college.

Why wasn't Joe Horn suspended for the rest of the season when he hid his cell phone in the end zone and took it out to make a phone call after scoring a TD against us back in the mid-aughts?

Jobs in the NFL (outside of players and, to a degree, coaching) is about who you know, not your qualifications. 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

TDToomer

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 30, 2023, 09:39:51 AMJobs in the NFL (outside of players and, to a degree, coaching) is about who you know, not your qualifications. 

Yes I thought about that. Probably knows the Ross family. But somewhere there is a 20 year old junior film major saddled with 100K in student loan debt spitting out the beer his friend bought him after reading that article. To be fair this kid may also be in college and it's a Sunday job. But most of his piers are filming games at their colleges for no pay.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

kartanoman

Quote from: TDToomer on November 30, 2023, 09:35:21 AMWhy wasn't Joe Horn suspended for the rest of the season when he hid his cell phone in the end zone and took it out to make a phone call after scoring a TD against us back in the mid-aughts?

The legal world of "Intellectual Property" was still in its formulative stages in the subject of digital media at the time (NOTE: that was in season 2003).  This scenario demonstrates how extreme today's measures have been defined in terms of the NFL's rights and the length of their arm in terms of punishing those who purportedly capture their Intellectual Property without going through their proper channels (i.e. licensing).

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

uconnjack8

So was he not supposed to be on the field?  Is that why he was suspended?  Just not understanding what the issue was with this. 

What am I missing here?

GeauxJints

Quote from: uconnjack8 on November 30, 2023, 11:17:43 AMSo was he not supposed to be on the field?  Is that why he was suspended?  Just not understanding what the issue was with this. 

What am I missing here?

He's either part of the team's or NFL's social media team, down on the field to record videos for Instagram, Twitter, all that crap. He was doing his job, the NFL just hates fun. If you watched the video, Tyreek tried to save the kid by saying "he didn't want me to take the phone". I'm sure Tyreek is also sending that kid a TON of money to make up for it. Will probably hire him as his personal social media guy too. At least I hope for the kid's sake

MightyGiants

Quote from: uconnjack8 on November 30, 2023, 11:17:43 AMSo was he not supposed to be on the field?  Is that why he was suspended?  Just not understanding what the issue was with this. 

What am I missing here?

It seems the NFL felt that he gave up his cell phone a bit too readily (I think the NFL believes this was likely prearranged).   As I pointed out, he only had his cell phone in his hand, not his NFL camera.   One really has to ask why was he hanging out around the endzone with just his cell phone.  He is an NFL media guy, not just some fan.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE