News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Is it coaching or talent

Started by MightyGiants, December 26, 2023, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uconnjack8

Quote from: sooners56 on December 26, 2023, 01:32:39 PMI will say the Ravens D looks pretty good post year 2 of Wink Martindale. I'd say most would agree they have always had talent so switching to a new coach didn't affect the outcome.

Hard to draw conclusions given only 2 starters are left from Wink's D.

Doc16LT56

Quote from: uconnjack8 on December 26, 2023, 02:13:28 PMHard to draw conclusions given only 2 starters are left from Wink's D.

This is fair but it also shows it doesn't take half a decade to rebuild a unit. This is why it's so frustrating to me that we keep talking about how many years it will take to rebuild this or that unit when other teams can rebuild and are competitive within a year or two.

uconnjack8

Quote from: Doc16LT56 on December 26, 2023, 02:24:42 PMThis is fair but it also shows it doesn't take half a decade to rebuild a unit. This is why it's so frustrating to me that we keep talking about how many years it will take to rebuild this or that unit when other teams can rebuild and are competitive within a year or two.

I definitely agree with that. I think there is a bevy of reasons the Giants have not been able to turn it around like that. 

AZGiantFan

I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll