News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT: ACC Championship

Started by Rosehill Jimmy, December 02, 2023, 09:50:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosehill Jimmy

Tough game to watch.  Michigan/ Iowa too.  Hoping to see more of Coleman but the FSU qb ( 3rd string Frosh) doesn't seem capable of getting him the ball.  If we're looking at possible edge opposite KT, Verse from FlaSt could be an option.  Started his career at UAlbany of the Colonial Athletic Association at the FCS level
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

Jclayton92

I like the UCLA pass rusher as well.

Philosophers

Quote from: Rosehill Jimmy on December 02, 2023, 09:50:17 PMTough game to watch.  Michigan/ Iowa too.  Hoping to see more of Coleman but the FSU qb ( 3rd string Frosh) doesn't seem capable of getting him the ball.  If we're looking at possible edge opposite KT, Verse from FlaSt could be an option.  Started his career at UAlbany of the Colonial Athletic Association at the FCS level

Since Iowa can't score, Michigan did jot need to show them much on offense.  Just get some points and game over.

Bob In PA

Quote from: Philosophers on December 03, 2023, 01:03:47 AMSince Iowa can't score, Michigan did jot need to show them much on offense.  Just get some points and game over.
Phil: Yes, I agree. Neither case (for or against McCarthy) was advanced by yesterday's game. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Ed Vette

Quote from: Bob In PA on December 03, 2023, 07:29:33 AMPhil: Yes, I agree. Neither case (for or against McCarthy) was advanced by yesterday's game. Bob
Averages 200 yards a game in a run based Offense. 493 RA  315 PA

Sound familiar? Nope, that would be DJ without the wheels.

Touted by the same fans who slam Nix and Penix. 
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bob In PA

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 03, 2023, 09:24:37 AMAverages 200 yards a game in a run based Offense. 493 RA  315 PA

Sound familiar? Nope, that would be DJ without the wheels.

Touted by the same fans who slam Nix and Penix. 
Ed: It's easier IMO to virtually ignore yesterday's game knowing that we'll see McCarthy at least once more.

Regardless of the opponent, that game will involve a team that's IMO clearly better than Iowa (over-all).

I'd be surprised if he didn't make it to the finals so yet once more we'll really get a good sense of him.

Bob

PS. The ONLY reason I'd be interested in having Alabama in the final four would be because we'd likely get to see what Saban and his excellent coaching staff do to stop/neutralize/throttle Michigan (and McCarthy in particular).

Ed Vette

Quote from: Bob In PA on December 03, 2023, 11:46:53 AMEd: It's easier IMO to virtually ignore yesterday's game knowing that we'll see McCarthy at least once more.

Regardless of the opponent, that game will involve a team that's IMO clearly better than Iowa (over-all).

I'd be surprised if he didn't make it to the finals so yet once more we'll really get a good sense of him.

Bob

PS. The ONLY reason I'd be interested in having Alabama in the final four would be because we'd likely get to see what Saban and his excellent coaching staff do to stop/neutralize/throttle Michigan (and McCarthy in particular).
He averaged 200 yards with 19 TD and 4 interceptions for the season, Bob. The season.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bob In PA

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 03, 2023, 11:55:53 AMHe averaged 200 yards with 19 TD and 4 interceptions for the season, Bob. The season.
Ed: Yes.  In the ONE game this yr where his team was even remotely "dire straits" (Ohio State) he was not asked to win the game or do much at all. IMO, neither head coach in that game trusted their QB's to avoid making a mistake with the ball. McCarthy has hardly ever been in a situation where the opponent KNEW he was going to pass the ball. If I were his advisor I'd tell him to stay at Michigan for one more year. Bob

Ed Vette

Quote from: Bob In PA on December 03, 2023, 03:53:29 PMEd: Yes.  In the ONE game this yr where his team was even remotely "dire straits" (Ohio State) he was not asked to win the game or do much at all. IMO, neither head coach in that game trusted their QB's to avoid making a mistake with the ball. McCarthy has hardly ever been in a situation where the opponent KNEW he was going to pass the ball. If I were his advisor I'd tell him to stay at Michigan for one more year. Bob
I'd tell him to transfer to LSU
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

uconnjack8

For Michigan to win a national title, McCarthy is going to have use his arm a bit more.