News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The Elephant in the Room- What to do if TommyD runs the Table- (guests can vote)

Started by BluesCruz, December 03, 2023, 10:34:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What should Giants do if TommyD runs the table?

You may only select up to 2 options.

andrew_nyGiants

If the GIANTS run the table, this is great news for the development and maturity of many of the younger players and will do wonders for the culture moving into 2024.

If Tommy the D has a major impact on the run, it gives him a strong shot to make the 2024 roster competing for #2 QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

BluesCruz

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on December 14, 2023, 01:07:43 PMIf the GIANTS run the table, this is great news for the development and maturity of many of the younger players and will do wonders for the culture moving into 2024.

If Tommy the D has a major impact on the run, it gives him a strong shot to make the 2024 roster competing for #2 QB.

LOL Sure. He just might have a shot at Back Up......you never know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

T200

I think one thing that has not been mentioned, or I haven't seen mentioned, is the fact that this regime scouted and brought in Tommy. They gave Danny an opportunity to earn a contract through his play. He did enough to do that. I wonder if there could be some buyer's remorse and possibly catering to Mara in signing Jones.

Seeing how Tommy Touchdown is playing, they may be more inclined to use that to tell Mara to accept the fact that Jones is not the future at QB for the Giants.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Puffy

Quote from: BluesCruz on December 14, 2023, 09:12:31 AMTommy was #8 in the Heisman race in 2018. Had a teriffic last year at Illinois. He did not appear out of nowhere

I dont know why no one drafted him but hey- good thing for us

Yeah, none of this is true.  In 2018 DeVito started 4 games as a freshman at SU. He was not 8th in Heisman voting.  In 2019 he had 19 TDs and 5 INTs over 12 games.  SU was 5-7.  That was his best year.  And its pedestrian for college football in today's game. Again, not 8th in Heisman voting. In his Junior year SU went 1-10 and Devito was injured and mostly ineffective.  His senior year was more of same as Garret Scrader got most of the playing time to, I believe, an injury to Devito but not sure.  Again, SU was 5-7  Then at Illinois he averaged less than 200 yards passing per game with 15 TDs and 4 INTs over 13 games. That's 1 TD per game.  Illinois went 8-5.  Their best win was a 9-6 thriller against Iowa where Devito was benched.  Those are not "terrific" season stats.

Look, he is exceeding expectations now no doubt.  But he was not stellar in college and got overlooked.  He was average to slightly more than average in college.  None of his teams were especially good except maybe Illinois and even they weren't more than slightly above average.

If you want to extol DeVito's virtues you are more than allowed.  But to just make up your own facts ain't gonna fly.

**By the way, I know we have some SU fans on here (I am Notre Dame fan and Tulane grad so follow them too) so if I misstated or am mistaken about anything I wrote regarding SU football I apologize and please correct me!

Painter

While we are on the subject of Tommy DeVito, and/or fickle and rash, I couldn't help but chuckle as I watched Aidan O'Connell- as Irish a name as exists- and the Raiders 4th Round backup to Garappolo throw 5 TD passes, 4 in the 1H alone while wondering if that wouldn't earn him the nickname, "Corned Beef" O'Donnell, if you catch my drift.  ;)

Cheers!