News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Thought on Kadarius Toney

Started by nb587, December 04, 2023, 04:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nb587

When the Giants drafted Toney, knowing nothing about red flags concerning injury history and apparent inability or unwillingness to learn the playbook, I was against the pick primarily because Darrisaw was available and he would filled a need that they still haven't fixed.  But, last night watching Deebo Samuels do his thing, I understand what they were trying to accomplish with Toney.  He has a similar skill set but doesn't look like he'll ever use them the way Deebo does. 

I've read here that Judge was the decision maker on the Toney pick and not Gettleman. I haven't read that anywhere else.  To me, Judge looked like a stickler for discipline in the Belichick mold and that would rule out Toney.  Plus, I find it very easy to blame Gettleman for every bad move.  Still, if Judge had a long term contract, which I think he had, then maybe drafting Toney made a little bit of sense if they thought he could play like Deebo. 

uconnjack8

Not sure of anything about who wanted him or didn't. 

He reminded me of Percy Harvin just with more headaches (as I have said previously).  In retrospect he is no where near what Harvin was when healthy.

Speaking of Deebo, anyone notice he was returning kickoffs?

Painter

Maybe so, nb. But, Toney is a jerk period. Good riddance. To me, he's not even worth a discussion as to whether to blame the Gman or the Judge.

Cheers!

ralphpal1

When you dont get your act together on the chiefs
What makes you think he would work anywhere else

Jclayton92

B1GBLUE

im just surprised anyone would take this guy round 1. talent is there yes. but you have to worry with "eccentric" guys like him, what kind of headaches they will create. doesnt really seem to have off the field issues, but locker room and media issues can be just as bad.

TDToomer

Quote from: Jclayton92 on December 04, 2023, 09:57:27 PMI wanted Elijah Moore instead

Who is also not 1st round material. Why are our WR standards so low? It's crazy that this is the franchise that struck 1st round gold with Nicks and OBJ.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs