News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Why are there two Monday Night Football games in Week 14?

Started by LennG, December 06, 2023, 02:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kartanoman

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on December 10, 2023, 09:18:06 AMInstead of 2 Monday games, why not a few Saturday games yesterday?

There was no college football to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Andrew, I think all of us remember the era when we could count on the Giants playing their last (or next to last) game on Saturday afternoon. The 1981 season finale remains my all-time favorite Saturday afternoon Giant game (NOTE: thoughts in my head of Joe Danelo getting carried off the field by Ray Perkins, of all people, and a few linemen).

The good old days!

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Giant Jim

I was ridicules that they split the picture to show both games at the same time throughout the night. I can't imagine how people with smaller sets felt. Why does ESPN screw up everything they do? I had to watch the whole game downstairs because the bedroom TV is only 32".

uconnjack8

Quote from: Giant Jim on December 12, 2023, 09:09:19 AMI was ridicules that they split the picture to show both games at the same time throughout the night. I can't imagine how people with smaller sets felt. Why does ESPN screw up everything they do? I had to watch the whole game downstairs because the bedroom TV is only 32".

Was thinking the same thing when they did it.  I could give a crap about the other game.

On another note, they couldn't have asked for 2 better games.