News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Packers vs. Giants Predictions

Started by PackersNation, December 06, 2023, 04:48:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PackersNation

I know many here will say they want the Giants to lose for better draft position, but let's make some picks and give the final score anyway.

The Packers need this dub and I think they get it, but not in blowout fashion.

Packers 22 Giants 20

Yes, I think the Giants will keep it close for the majority of the game, and get a late game meaningless TD.

What say you?

T200

I don't want them to lose but wouldn't be upset if they did. I just want them to look like a real NFL team.

Giants 30
Packers 24
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

PackersNation

Quote from: T200 on December 06, 2023, 05:01:58 PMI don't want them to lose but wouldn't be upset if they did. I just want them to look like a real NFL team.

Giants 30
Packers 24
I like that you said you don't want them to lose. I added that many will say that to try and kind of take the steam out of that losers mentality early. NFL players and coaches don't tank, and I respect fan bases that don't either.

I have not watched a lot of Giants football this year, but you are saying this season is the worst you have ever seen them look? I assume you don't say they don't look like a real NFL team every year.

DaveBrown74

The Giants' recent wins against the Patriots (3 point win against a terrible team that turned it over three times and missed a 35 yard chip shot to tie it) and the Commanders (lame duck coached, awful team that turned it over six times in that game) have made people forget how bad this year's Giants team is. Moreover the Packers are playing very well right now.

I think the Pack win decisively but perhaps not in humiliating fashion.

Packers 24-13.

Torus34

At this writing the Packers are about 6 point favorites over the Giants. Now, I respect the bookies and the odds, but sometimes the team on the short end of the stick hasn't gotten their heads around a loss. The Bengals were 9 point underdogs against the Cougars this week past, remember?

This poor old country mouse will enjoy watching Mr. Thomas DeVito, win or lose. The Jersey Kid has provided real excitement in the last two games.

Go flag-free, Big Blue!

PackersNation

Quote from: Torus34 on December 07, 2023, 07:36:23 AMAt this writing the Packers are about 6 point favorites over the Giants. Now, I respect the bookies and the odds, but sometimes the team on the short end of the stick hasn't gotten their heads around a loss. The Bengals were 9 point underdogs against the Cougars this week past, remember?

This poor old country mouse will enjoy watching Mr. Thomas DeVito, win or lose. The Jersey Kid has provided real excitement in the last two games.

Go flag-free, Big Blue!
Pick the damn game and give a score.

No one gives a damn about the kid who's Mommy does his laundry.

Just kidding, but yeah pick the game and give a score. :drunk:

T200

Quote from: PackersNation on December 06, 2023, 05:13:34 PMI like that you said you don't want them to lose. I added that many will say that to try and kind of take the steam out of that losers mentality early. NFL players and coaches don't tank, and I respect fan bases that don't either.

I have not watched a lot of Giants football this year, but you are saying this season is the worst you have ever seen them look? I assume you don't say they don't look like a real NFL team every year.
Specifically speaking about this season, it's historically bad with multiple blowouts and featured a game where we didn't even have 10 yards passing... the entire game. We haven't scored a first quarter TD until 2 games ago.

I just want us to be in every game until the last play decides it.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Bob In PA

I'm going with 16-14, but I can't decide which team will have the 16. lol

Giants kicker is not their usual reliable guy, so our usual home field kicking advantage is neutralized.

In fact, I think we might be on the short end regarding ALL aspects of special teams, so I'm going to take a wild guess and predict that the outcome of the game will turn on a special teams blunder by the Giants.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

PackersNation

Quote from: Bob In PA on December 07, 2023, 08:27:50 AMI'm going with 16-14, but I can't decide which team will have the 16. lol

Giants kicker is not their usual reliable guy, so our usual home field kicking advantage is neutralized.

In fact, I think we might be on the short end regarding ALL aspects of special teams, so I'm going to take a wild guess and predict that the outcome of the game will turn on a special teams blunder by the Giants.

Bob
No "blunders" allowed coming off a bye.:D

The Packers have a rookie kicker this year. Big leg and we love him, but he is a rook and capable of missing an extra point or FG here and there, which is annoying at best.

Did Gano hurt his knee before the season? Odd that he missed 35% of his kicks before going on IR.

EDjohnst1981

Packers 24
Giants 17

Giants hang tough but don't have enough to overcome a red hot team.

Bob In PA

Quote from: PackersNation on December 07, 2023, 08:58:05 AMThe Packers have a rookie kicker this year.
Pack: Forgot he's a rookie. Kicking in MetLife is harder than it appears. So I'll add a prediction that he'll miss a field goal unless there's no wind (but it won't cost them the game). The wind "swirls" and even veteran kickers have trouble. Other tough stadiums: Lambeau (if he "can make it there, he can make it anywhere" lol) and where the Steelers' play (name keeps changing; have lost track of today's name). Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

BluesCruz

Im going to say DeVitos 25 Love's 19
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

PackersNation

Aaron Jones and Jaire Alexander practiced today. Would be HUGE to get either or both of those guys back this week. Obviously playing without your #1 RB and #1 CB has not been advantageous.

Christian Watson did not practice, along with Quay Walker and Darnell Savage.

We will see what tomorrows practice brings. LaFleur said he can't say right now if Christian will be back soon or later. Hamstrings have kept him out of several games this year and last.

I am posting these injury updates here, because they affect peoples predictions for the game. I actually would for sure change my final score if I get word that Aaron Jones, Jaire Alexander, and Christian Watson are all playing.

22-20 Packers may go to 31-6 Packers.

BluesCruz

Quote from: PackersNation on December 07, 2023, 03:43:28 PMAaron Jones and Jaire Alexander practiced today. Would be HUGE to get either or both of those guys back this week. Obviously playing without your #1 RB and #1 CB has not been advantageous.

Christian Watson did not practice, along with Quay Walker and Darnell Savage.

We will see what tomorrows practice brings. LaFleur said he can't say right now if Christian will be back soon or later. Hamstrings have kept him out of several games this year and last.

I am posting these injury updates here, because they affect peoples predictions for the game. I actually would for sure change my final score if I get word that Aaron Jones, Jaire Alexander, and Christian Watson are all playing.

22-20 Packers may go to 31-6 Packers.

31-6 Packers??  OMG  I dont think so.  We are a born again team
The D is blasting ball carriers.....they will punch it out a lot.  Lots of nasty tackles, INTs,
loose balls.  watch out for your return guys.  We got two big fines last week for laying them out.....On Offense DeVito will literally place a long pass on a dime.  He is fearless and will wait til the last second to unload.  He does not throw INTs or drop the ball on the ground like Jones did

I dont know what happened but since DeVito came in we are a very different team.
Wink Martindale is calling the D shots perfectly too.  The Packers better come with the right attitude or they will suffer.

No dis-respect intended.  DeVito is a very confident rookie.  Perhaps because he played 5 years in college at a very high level and is 25 yrs old.  He does not play like a rookie

Having said that you guys are coming off two very big wins
A look at your message board paints and over-confident fanbase.....if your team feels the same it will be a long night for the Pack and a sad flight home
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

PackersNation

Quote from: BluesCruz on December 07, 2023, 04:20:00 PM31-6 Packers??  OMG We are a born again team
The D is blasting ball carriers.....they will punch it out a lot.  Lots of nasty tackles, INTs,
loose balls.  watch out for your return guys.  We got two big fines last week for laying them out.....On Offense DeVito will literally place a long pass on a dime.  He is fearless and will wait til the last second to unload. He does not throw INTs or drop the ball on the ground like Jones did

I dont know what happened but since DeVito came in we are a very different team.
Wink Martindale is calling the D shots perfectly too.  The Packers better come with the right attitude or they will suffer.

No dis-respect intended.  DeVito is a very confident rookie.  Perhaps because he played 5 years in college at a very high level and is 25 yrs old.  He does not play like a rookie

Who is this clown puffing his chest out at?

Ok, we went from Giants fans saying this doesn't look like a real football team, to this person saying the Giants are "born again" and elite now. With a future Hall Of Famer at QB. I like that you are confident, but...

I better warn the Packers. They should fear coming to New Jersey. Jesus, thanks for the heads up guy. :ok:

I liked the: "The Packers better come with the right attitude or they will suffer."

Ok tough guy...slow your roll and dream more about your born again elite team. Too funny.

Again, the Packers respect all their opponents but fear none of them.

Thanks for the warning though. =))