News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Our younger players

Started by ralphpal1, December 12, 2023, 05:51:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ralphpal1

How do.you feel.about our younger players?
They seem.to be growing
Hyatt
Robinson
Tibs
Banks
JMS
Devito.no.matter what happens he is getting better
We might not be ready now
But how do you feel.about moving forward when these young players are making an impact
Or is it
These players are nice but we still have lots or holes

ozzie

I'm glad to see them growing into their roles, but I do feel we still have holes to fill. But, to be honest, there will always be holes that need to be filled. I will say I think we are better off than I expected with some of those
young 'uns.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

DaveBrown74

Quote from: ralphpal1 on December 12, 2023, 05:51:58 PMHow do.you feel.about our younger players?
They seem.to be growing
Hyatt
Robinson
Tibs
Banks
JMS
Devito.no.matter what happens he is getting better
We might not be ready now
But how do you feel.about moving forward when these young players are making an impact
Or is it
These players are nice but we still have lots or holes

Good thread idea.

I like our young players a lot actually. They're not perfect but many of them have been showing me a lot. In terms of first and second year guys, Banks Thibs, and Hyatt have all been impressive. Wan'Dale I have been less high on in the past (mainly due to his lack of availability or big playmaking) but he is forcing me to reconsider my stance. Obviously DeVito is in the 1st and 2nd year crowd now but we have enough threads about him. Guys like Hawkins and Flott are interesting. Neal is the huge gaping hole missing link. Is he just out for the rest of the season? What's the deal with him?

SlotCorner

Neal is still a massive disappointment. I thought for sure he would figure it out this year, but he still seems lost.

Other than that, we have some real pieces. Banks is who I am most excited about.

Philosophers

The play of our youth has restored my confidence in Schoen's talent evaluation skills and Dabs player development skills.