News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants vs. Saints

Started by Torus34, December 13, 2023, 07:14:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kartanoman

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 13, 2023, 06:34:28 PMIn the 2011 Season Playoffs the Giants we're going to face either the Saints or the Niners. I had a friend in Florida so we decided to take a chance and bought the Saints tickets fully refundable and drove to New Orleans. Great trip and great city and we watched the Niners game in a Sports Bar. I think the Giants were lucky because I don't know if they would have beaten the Saints.

I remember that Divisional Playoff game very well, Ed. Sean Payton and Drew Brees used to eat the Giants up on offense and they were doing a great job on the 49ers' defense that day. But Alex Smith probably had the game of his career in matching Brees TD for TD and pulled off an amazing game winner to his TE with only seconds left. I think if the Saints had won, it would have been a bloodbath game for the Giants. Thank goodness it never came to pass.

But Coughlin never forget those hoese-whippings from Payton. The next season, the Saints finally had to travel to New Jersey to play the Giants and retribution rained down on them more so than the showers that late afternoon game. The Giants put 52 on Payton that day to send them home with a "how do you like that?" message? Of course, Payton returns the favor the next time the Giants visit the Dome with a 51-49 win. I hate when they play the Saints!

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)