News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Where are you right now on Saquon's future?

Started by DaveBrown74, December 13, 2023, 12:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What would you like to see the Giants do with Saquon after this season

StompYouOT

I feel similar Brooklyn Dave.  I know it's not wise to wrap money up in a RB....at his age and with mid production but we are better with him.  He is a Leader for us and if Devito is the QB next year I feel way better if Saquon is on the field.

I just think with the Jones contract it's going to be tough.

PSUBeirut

Quote from: Brooklyn Dave on December 13, 2023, 09:04:41 PMLetting Sequon Barkley walk might be stupidest move by the Giants other than Allie Sherman trading Sam Huff to the Redskins for Dick James , Andy Stynchula and a draft pick in 1964, ( i have been following the Giants since 1950)

Barkley is the heart and sole of the team. He is the captain , loved and respected by all his teamates. He leaves it all out on the fiend . He has been nominated for NFL person of the year.

Pay him a very decent salary , somewhat below Christain McCaffery and keep him on the team. Whoever the QB is next year , they will be much better with Barkley as his running back and receiver.

I know that I am in the minority here , but I could not care less. KEEP HIM  !!!

I don't know if you're in the minority, actually (and surprisingly, at least to me).  It looks like about 80% of the respondents above want Barkley back next year one way or another. 

Jclayton92

We are paying saquan top 5 money for top 15 production.

With every new back that comes in every year from the 5th round on and explodes I just don't know how you can justify paying Barkley that much money with the needs we have.

Look at Kyren Williams, 5th round pick exploding for the Rams this year. You drafted Grey this year and you grab another back late this coming year in the draft and call it a day. Plus you save 10 million a year.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: PSUBeirut on December 14, 2023, 09:58:14 AMI don't know if you're in the minority, actually (and surprisingly, at least to me).  It looks like about 80% of the respondents above want Barkley back next year one way or another. 

It's an interesting poll response for sure. Obviously fans really love and respect him. He's a very good player who has been great in some years, and he's been a great teammate and ambassador for the franchise.

I think the disconnect may be the money though. I suspect a lot of fans who voted for option number two have a financial limit in mind that Barkley may not be amenable to. And since, unlike last year, the tag number is prohibitive and clearly more than his value, he actually has more leverage over them this time. I can't see the Giants wanting to pay him $12mm with the full cap hit.