News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Whiny Mahomes gets well deserved fine

Started by MightyGiants, December 16, 2023, 04:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Sore loser.

His apology was half-assed too. Wasn't even really an apology.

spiderblue43

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 16, 2023, 04:47:52 PMSore loser.

His apology was half-assed too. Wasn't even really an apology.

That "apology" was carefully crafted by his minions with brand protection in mind. He does go off when things go sideways, but that was ridiculous and immature against the Bills.

kartanoman

Sad to say, he'll lose some credibility with this one when he had a chance to man up and own his words which were wrong regardless whether or not they were recorded.

Too bad as he's always been a generally likeable NFL personality and great player for his team. I'm sure he will continue to be; however, some luster has been lost off the jewel.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

T200

It happens. We are all human. I shake my head in situations like this when people are taken to task for being flawed and showing their raw emotions. We're not always going to be composed when we feel we were wronged.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

AZGiantFan

For me it calls into question both Reid's and Mahomes' judgement.  To be so vehement about a situation when you can't yet know the actual facts, is just weak, IMO.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

DaveBrown74

Quote from: T200 on December 17, 2023, 09:32:16 AMIt happens. We are all human. I shake my head in situations like this when people are taken to task for being flawed and showing their raw emotions. We're not always going to be composed when we feel we were wronged.

Tim,

I fully agree, but have you watched/read his apology? It was pretty half-assed. He never actually said he was sorry or "I apologize", and then he said he mainly regretted the comment he made to Allen (ie he could care less about his tirade against the refs).

No doubt nobody is perfect and we all have less than ideal moments especially in the heat of emotion, but to not being willing to give a full-bore, heartfelt apology to everyone involved after that display was pretty disappointing IMO. I would expect better from a superstar athlete thought to be the ambassador of the game right now. When did Joe Montana ever do anything like that?

T200

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 17, 2023, 09:39:00 AMTim,

I fully agree, but have you watched/read his apology? It was pretty half-assed. He never actually said he was sorry or "I apologize", and then he said he mainly regretted the comment he made to Allen (ie he could care less about his tirade against the refs).

No doubt nobody is perfect and we all have less than ideal moments especially in the heat of emotion, but to not being willing to give a full-bore, heartfelt apology to everyone involved after that display was pretty disappointing IMO. I would expect better from a superstar athlete thought to be the ambassador of the game right now. When did Joe Montana ever do anything like that?
I guess I'm just the line dissenter here, then. I understand his rant against the refs.

- The week prior, his receiver (MVS) was absolutely mauled on a pass play that would have put them in a better position to win the game. No flag.

- Against the Bills, yes, it was a different crew but the same line/side judges throughout the game. Toney was lined up the same way (offsides) 3 or 4 times prior but they only called it once, on the deciding play.

So in back-to-back weeks, potential game-winning plays were directly influenced by the refs. In one instance, they turned a blind eye to an egregious foul. In the next, they rightfully threw a flag on a violation, even though that same player committed the same violation multiple times in the same game without being flagged for it.

Mahomes and Reid were highly pissed about the inconsistencies in officiating. And I agree with them 100%.

The half-assed apology was for the refs. I believe he was sincere about Allen and would not be surprised if he actually called him up to apologize over the phone.

We're all free to judge. To me, it's a blip on the radar for someone who has been a great role model. It was out of character for him based on what we've seen over the years. I'm certainly not going to pile on.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance: