News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants VS Saints game thread

Started by MightyGiants, December 17, 2023, 12:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

killarich

Quote from: brownelvis54 on December 17, 2023, 03:34:48 PM:hmm:

But someone said Devito was underrated

He has had a terrible game

But I really think we mainly need a NFL caliber O-line and and legit threat at WR

NOT saying Devito is a beast or anything .... But if we had C grade Tyreke Hill who could constantly get open Devito would def find them

Idk offensively this team had a lot of BIG needs

Woody

Quote from: Trench on December 17, 2023, 03:35:02 PMExtremely disappointed with Dabol and Kafka today. Barely tried to get Hyatt involved and the play before half to not try to score was awful.
Maybe Saints foul led him and took him out of game

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fletch

So let me see if the Giants were playing Derrick Carr and Saints Tommy Devito -- you really think it still be 24 - 6 Saints?

It is so obvious that the Gaints have a serious QB problem, and the Saints look decent because they have a decent QB

Woody

Where has this play calling been

Fletch

Quote from: Woody on December 17, 2023, 03:38:51 PMMaybe Saints foul led him and took him out of game

Or maybe Tommy DEvito is basically a xxxx practice squad QB who had the benefit of a defense giving him a short field with like 3 takeaways every game the past 3 games.

killarich

Quote from: brownelvis54 on December 17, 2023, 03:35:37 PMIf somehow one of the top three quarterbacks in the upcoming draft slide to us, I would call every hungry team that's desperate for a quarterback and trade a kings Ransom in draft picks to help build our team

If we could get extra first round and 2nd round picks I would 100% do that

Get o-line , receiver and EDGE via first few rounds

Idk who we run with at QB .... Jones or Devito

Trench

jgrangers2

Quote from: Fletch on December 17, 2023, 03:39:33 PMSo let me see if the Giants were playing Derrick Carr and Saints Tommy Devito -- you really think it still be 24 - 6 Saints?

It is so obvious that the Gaints have a serious QB problem, and the Saints look decent because they have a decent QB

The Saints are also a mediocre team with an average passing attack. Carr is better than Devito but this team isn't winning anything with Derek Carr either so who cares?

killarich

Down 18 , 5 minutes left , Devito limping around

Now we throw deep ?

We need a new OC next season ... we can't keep playing scared

brownelvis54

Quote from: killarich on December 17, 2023, 03:42:28 PMIf we could get extra first round and 2nd round picks I would 100% do that

Get o-line , receiver and EDGE via first few rounds

Idk who we run with at QB .... Jones or Devito

I do think it's time to move on as far as a quarterback goes the we're stuck next year, so might as well take our medicine and just do the right thing by getting at least more offensive line help also an edge rusher in most likely a running back.

As far as who we roll with, it's obviously gonna be Jones as the starter, DeVito as a back up, and I could see us also getting a cheap vet
The KING is in the building

Trench

Anyone care to explain to me why Gray is in the game on 4th down instead of
Barkley?????!!!!!!!

Dabol had an awful dismal game as head coach

killarich

Honest question

Has any other o-line in the history of the nfl caused this many injuries to different starting QBs ?

coggs

So, is everyone now done playing pretend DeVito is an NFL QB?

killarich

Quote from: brownelvis54 on December 17, 2023, 03:48:18 PMI do think it's time to move on as far as a quarterback goes the we're stuck next year, so might as well take our medicine and just do the right thing by getting at least more offensive line help also an edge rusher in most likely a running back.

As far as who we roll with, it's obviously gonna be Jones as the starter, DeVito as a back up, and I could see us also getting a cheap vet

If we could get a kings ransom I agree that would should stock up via the draft and build the rest of the team for the future qb....

Rather draft a qb the following season with a better o-line , and a true number 1 option  at wr to pair with Hyatt and Robinson waiting for him

And the team needs another EDGE to cause a disruption when Thibs is doubled and taken out the game

Woody

Saints have 23 sacks on year.   7 today.  Says it all about Giants  o line.  Game ball last though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk