News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Interesting comments from someone reviewing the Saint's tape

Started by MightyGiants, December 18, 2023, 03:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Giant Obsession

If Schoen is smart he might want to put a little distance between himself and our HC.

It is time for feet to the fire regarding our game performances, coaching staff, etc.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

GeauxJints

Quote from: Giant Obsession on December 18, 2023, 09:10:31 PMIf Schoen is smart he might want to put a little distance between himself and our HC.

It is time for feet to the fire regarding our game performances, coaching staff, etc.

Unfortunately for us, Daboll has one more year with DJ. Similar results and they're both gone and Schoen can start over with his and a new coach's QB pick.

AZGiantFan

I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

katkavage

Though I like Daboll, he has not had a good year as a coach. He's made many mistakes on the sidelines, but most of all, the lack of preparation, especially early in the season was very very troubling. The game Sunday was a reversion to those earlier games. Whatever happens in the next three games, Daboll's seat will be warm, if not hot, next year.

coggs

I am wondering if they just underestimated Carr a bit.  Wouldn't be surprised if the thinking for the defensive side of the ball was something along the lines of, "We don't have to blitz.  We can sit back and he will make mistakes on his own."  Well, didnt work out too well.

BluesCruz

I called this just before the game

I could see everyone on here was in glide mode and suspected the team was also there

We never win in the SuperDome and this was a typical performance... add the indifference and you have a recipie for disaster

I dont get it....they had a chance to seize their own destiny and everyone came out flat
as a 4X8 piece of plywood

Daboll has an issue with motivation.  He is so deadpan its predictable. We wont beat the teams where we have to step up in class

Frankly the only one out there who showed a sense of urgency was our rookie QB

This team needs real leaders on the field.  It seems everyone on the team is a Captain
and yet we seem to have no real Captains

Im especially disappointed in Pugh.  He saw what was happening and did nothing to rally the Oline to stop it

The Refs. They did nothing to stop the thuggery on DeVitos slide   Amazing

Id like to know their excuse- Started his slide too late?  There was still helmet to helmet to call there if they thought that
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

B1GBLUE

it was definitely bad. and again, a winnable game for most of the game. I dont think we have been playing great lately, just very lucky with turnovers. and we had none this game. we are not good enough to overcome other teams beating themselves. we have a lot of work to do.

TONKA56

Quote from: coggs on December 19, 2023, 07:37:48 AMI am wondering if they just underestimated Carr a bit.  Wouldn't be surprised if the thinking for the defensive side of the ball was something along the lines of, "We don't have to blitz.  We can sit back and he will make mistakes on his own."  Well, didnt work out too well.

Like a friend of mine once said,"If you give them all day to throw the ball, you can have Grandma Moses back there and she'll pick you apart."

spiderblue43

I think Bobby O has shown leadership all year. He is a deserved captain. Barkley..Jones..Young .McKinney are rather invisible.

The team has no identity other than their own fultity.