News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Daniel Jones and Trevor Lawerence

Started by MightyGiants, December 19, 2023, 12:23:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uconnjack8

Fields obviously has a great physical skill set, but really hasn't shown consistent improvement.  He opened and closed the last 2 years the same way.  I think it's possible he becomes a decent NFL QB, but I think he will need to be in a better situation than the Giants have to offer to get there. 

If you tell me he can be had for a 5th rounder, I say sure go get him.  If its a 2nd rounder, I say pass.

WheresDayne

What if the Bears take Caleb and decide to trade HIM?  Kind of like, but not exactly like, the Manning for Rivers trade.  What would the Bears like in exchange for the QB and not the pick?  Just a thought...

Giant Obsession

Lawrence has somehow made Evan Engram and Christian Kirk into reliable weapons.

EVAN FREAKIN ENGRAM

He deserves 50  million a year for that feat.

Or could it be he only sucked for us and our myriad of staffs.

Fields I would take in a New York minute.

Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

MightyGiants

Fields in 2023

23rd QBR

22nd in Yards

24th in QB rating

18th in PFF grade (min 356 snaps)

I have been repeatedly told that the bar is top 10 (some even say elite).  Those standings are not even average, much less top 10.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Quote from: Giant Obsession on January 09, 2024, 11:02:51 AMLawrence has somehow made Evan Engram and Christian Kirk into reliable weapons.

EVAN FREAKIN ENGRAM

He deserves 50  million a year for that feat.

Or could it be he only sucked for us and our myriad of staffs.

Fields I would take in a New York minute.

Did you watch the Jags' must-win game where Lawerence got himself an interception because Engram dropped a pass that created the interception?   Now where have I seen that move before from Engram?  :hmm:
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

JT39

I think Jones, Lawrence, and fields all stink.

I dont want any of them.

Giant Obsession

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 09, 2024, 11:07:12 AMDid you watch the Jags' must-win game where Lawerence got himself an interception because Engram dropped a pass that created the interception?   Now where have I seen that move before from Engram?  :hmm:

I did not see that

BUT

My youngest nephew who is a huge Jags fan has seen all of his 187....not a typo,,,,,187 catches over the last 2 seasons.

With stats like that I can forgive the occasional flub.  But then I have to be forgiving watching our wide receivers who can't catch 1 out of every 5.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

uconnjack8

Evan Engram had a good season and was much more involved with 114 receptions, but had a 8.4 ypc which netted him 963 yards.  That along with his 4 TDs, while an improvement, is hardly some epic accomplishment.  Seems like he was a reliable check down

MightyGiants

Quote from: Giant Obsession on January 09, 2024, 11:19:49 AMI did not see that

BUT

My youngest nephew who is a huge Jags fan has seen all of his 187....not a typo,,,,,187 catches over the last 2 seasons.

With stats like that I can forgive the occasional flub.  But then I have to be forgiving watching our wide receivers who can't catch 1 out of every 5.

Here you go, it brought back so so many bad memories

https://x.com/MrMatthew_CFB/status/1744072390626119901?s=20
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

I'm not a big fan of Trevor Lawrence. 

There is something about his throwing motion that looks awkward. 

As a result (probably from that flaw) his accuracy is "uneven" to various parts of the field (short and deep).

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

MightyGiants

Quote from: Bob In PA on January 09, 2024, 02:47:07 PMI'm not a big fan of Trevor Lawrence. 

There is something about his throwing motion that looks awkward. 

As a result (probably from that flaw) his accuracy is "uneven" to various parts of the field (short and deep).

Bob

Plus he has a habit of throwing INTs in big games.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Giant Obsession

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 09, 2024, 11:25:14 AMHere you go, it brought back so so many bad memories

https://x.com/MrMatthew_CFB/status/1744072390626119901?s=20

I totally get where you are coming from.  When he was a Giant I hated him.....a lot.

It is just damn frustrating how some other team can tap  so easily into his skill and get production we should have gotten from a #1 draft pick.

Honestly I have lived thru a lot of lows since 1961 being a Giants fan.  The picture I see in front of me is the absolute lowest I can remember.  Ironic to the max is the fact if Daboll hadn't kicked away 4 wins we would be a playoff team right now.  That fact in and of itself is ludicrous.  Us, a playoff team  ??  How sad is that. Thanks for allowing this rant.
Mike

katkavage

I'm not gonna make excuses for Lawrence's sad ending to what was a promising season. But if we can make excuses for the Giants QB with a dreadful offensive line, not many weapons, and as a result a battered QB (which Lawrence certainly was down the stretch), we can make the same excuses for Lawrence.

MightyGiants

Quote from: katkavage on January 10, 2024, 07:21:30 AMI'm not gonna make excuses for Lawrence's sad ending to what was a promising season. But if we can make excuses for the Giants QB with a dreadful offensive line, not many weapons, and as a result a battered QB (which Lawrence certainly was down the stretch), we can make the same excuses for Lawrence.

The Jags literally gave up less than half the sacks the Giants O-line did (85 to 41)
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

TDToomer

Quote from: katkavage on January 10, 2024, 07:21:30 AMI'm not gonna make excuses for Lawrence's sad ending to what was a promising season. But if we can make excuses for the Giants QB with a dreadful offensive line, not many weapons, and as a result a battered QB (which Lawrence certainly was down the stretch), we can make the same excuses for Lawrence.

2 straight winning seasons. We should be so lucky to have sad endings like the Jaguars.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs