News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Latest draft order

Started by MightyGiants, December 19, 2023, 02:12:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeauxJints

I want a QB that is going to be able to throw all over the field and hit open WRs in stride. Large part of that is having the time to do it. Draft me the top OL, then grab either Nix or McCarthy if we want, or wait till next year since Jones is under contract anyway.

This is from an ESPN + article about the QBs in the draft....

""You know who's going to go higher than anyone thinks?" asked an AFC East scout last week via text. "J.J. McCarthy."

The Michigan quarterback is loved by scouts who have studied his game and have seen the junior passer throw in person. McCarthy is efficient; he has posted a QBR of 89.2, good for third in the nation, while throwing 19 touchdown passes to four interceptions.

"I think a lot of people haven't done a deep dive on McCarthy yet," said a scout who covers the Michigan area, "but when they do, he's going to rise. He would dominate an event like the Senior Bowl."

The main knock on McCarthy's game this year has more to do with the Wolverines than his skill set. Michigan's scheme doesn't ask for a lot of pure passing from him. The Wolverines run the ball early and often, with McCarthy attempting only 287 passes this season (77th in the FBS) and averaging 19.3 per game against their three ranked opponents toward the end of the season. He didn't attempt a single pass in the second half of a 24-15 win over Penn State in mid-November!"

katkavage

Quote from: Painter on December 19, 2023, 08:12:19 PMBreathe deeply and repeat the following: There is no such thing as lead pipe lock in Round 1 much less in a later Round. Or is that only true if and when it's a Giants GM who's doing the picking, like say in the past 10 years to wit:

2014- OBJ, a great 12th pick for the Giants for his first 3 but not really for anyone since.

2015- Ereck "9th overall wreck" Flowers. Say no more.

2016- Eli Apple, another top-10 mistake

2017- Evan Engram, pick 23 following the false flag winning 2016. Has done better with Jax.

2018- Saquon Barkley, 2nd overall, a fine talent mostly wasted.

2019- Daniel Jones, a QB w/the No.6 pick. You can fill in the blanks as you please.               
        - Dexter Lawrence, a ten at 17. Yay! Yay! Yay!                                           
        - Deandre Baker, a zero at 30. Boo! Boo! Boo!

2020- Andrew Thomas, a goodie at 4, and more Yays!

2021- Kadarius Toney, the pick was 20, but it wouldn't have mattered when it was. Yuck, Gag, Barf

2022- Thibs at 5 has brought some joy and cheers but for now,                                         
        - Neal at 7 has brought not just no joy but some jeers.

2023- Deonte Banks, a later pick 24 but for a nice reason. Tough for a rook, but has promise. See GBay game

Cheers!

You mean drafting is not a sure thing? I thought for sure whoever they draft will become an All Pro.