News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Chris Long- "Context matters. It matters in every situation and for every player

Started by MightyGiants, December 20, 2023, 12:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

I asked Chris Long what he wishes the football media thought about more. His answer should be required watching for all of us who fires off takes. "Context matters. It matters in every situation and for every player. People know that but they still power right through it."

https://x.com/bykevinclark/status/1737133913913405615?s=20

https://x.com/RandyMueller_/status/1737483100001575039?s=20
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

I'll give you an example. Saquon Barkley would have CMC numbers if he was on the Niners, yet fans see him Sunday, and a segment who don't know the game think he sucks and is washed up.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bob In PA

Ed: The WHOLE TEAM came up small when they had to play a squad on the road that actually had a lot to play for.

From the players' perspective, I get it. They've got two divisional games and another home game as well.

Regardless what they say, they knew playoffs weren't happening. They'll put in a solid effort the rest of the year.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Ed Vette

Quote from: Bob In PA on December 20, 2023, 02:00:37 PMEd: The WHOLE TEAM came up small when they had to play a squad on the road that actually had a lot to play for.

From the players' perspective, I get it. They've got two divisional games and another home game as well.

Regardless what they say, they knew playoffs weren't happening. They'll put in a solid effort the rest of the year.

Bob
So no business decisions? ok
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

uconnjack8

Context is nuanced and that's not something most fans do not want to consider.

Philosophers

I think he means more nuanced things about context such as the right guard is playing on a badly sprained ankle and handle a bull rush as a result so the right tackle tries to chip to help then blocks his guy late and gives up a sack.

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: MightyGiants on December 20, 2023, 12:22:59 PMI asked Chris Long what he wishes the football media thought about more. His answer should be required watching for all of us who fires off takes. "Context matters. It matters in every situation and for every player. People know that but they still power right through it."

https://x.com/bykevinclark/status/1737133913913405615?s=20

https://x.com/RandyMueller_/status/1737483100001575039?s=20
Unfortunately this is nothing more than a reflection of our society today lead by so many people whose sole mission in life is to be seen and heard FIRST....so that they can be an influencer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

AZGiantFan

I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

BluesCruz

That was great

If only fans (on here and elsewhere) could get that concept there would be a lot more intelligent discussions and agreement on things
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE