News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

If QB prospects WIlliams, Maye, and Daniels are gone

Started by MightyGiants, December 22, 2023, 12:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Is there a QB prospect you would want the Giants to draft (assuming they are in the 6-8 range)?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: MightyGiants on December 22, 2023, 12:56:36 PMIs there a QB prospect you would want the Giants to draft (assuming they are in the 6-8 range)?

I don't think the Giants are zeroing in on a QB in the draft. Maye has great potential, but I'm sure either the Patriots or Bears, or even the Commanders if they draft ahead of us, have every intention of landing him (or Williams). Regardless, even if we were to draft Maye, he'd be a year or two away from taking over the helm and it just doesn't seem realistic that the Giants are throwing in the towel on Jones. Then again, I have been wrong so many times while trying to devine what the Giants are thinking, that the only thing I really know...is that I haven't a clue

I think that if a Jayden Daniels, Bo Nix, or JJ McCarthy was still available when they are on the clock in the second round, they could go that direction. It all depends on Schoen and Daboll's analysis of the QBs and their feelings on DJ. Sadly (for us, but good for fans hostile towards the Giants), it is something that we'll never know until after the fact. There will be so many red herrings thrown out (leaked) to the media that fans will be chasing rumors down a rabbit hole...and I'm likely to be one of them

When the dust settles, I have to believe we're in good hands with our staff doing their research on prospects, and have to believe they'll do what's in the best interest for the future of the Giants
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on December 22, 2023, 01:10:28 PMI don't think the Giants are zeroing in on a QB in the draft. Maye has great potential, but I'm sure either the Patriots or Bears, or even the Commanders if they draft ahead of us, have every intention of landing him (or Williams). Regardless, even if we were to draft Maye, he'd be a year or two away from taking over the helm and it just doesn't seem realistic that the Giants are throwing in the towel on Jones. Then again, I have been wrong so many times while trying to devine what the Giants are thinking, that the only thing I really know...is that I haven't a clue

I think that if a Jayden Daniels, Bo Nix, or JJ McCarthy was still available when they are on the clock in the second round, they could go that direction. It all depends on Schoen and Daboll's analysis of the QBs and their feelings on DJ. Sadly (for us, but good for fans hostile towards the Giants), it is something that we'll never know until after the fact. There will be so many red herrings thrown out (leaked) to the media that fans will be chasing rumors down a rabbit hole...and I'm likely to be one of them

When the dust settles, I have to believe we're in good hands with our staff doing their research on prospects, and have to believe they'll do what's in the best interest for the future of the Giants

Ric,

My issue with Jones is the injury issues.  You know how I feel about injury-prone players and between DJ's overall injury history along with those very troubling neck injuries, I don't know how you can count on him to stay healthy moving forward.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

TONKA56

If McCarthy were still there I'd consider us very fortunate. But as long as I've watched this team usually there's 4 or 5 guys that we buzz about leading up to the draft and when the time comes every one of them is gone, unless you're in the top 5.

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

JT39

Quote from: MightyGiants on December 22, 2023, 12:56:36 PMIs there a QB prospect you would want the Giants to draft (assuming they are in the 6-8 range)?

No. Take the WR. Harrison, Nabers, Coleman. Then look for a McCarthy with a trade up in the 2nd. McCarthy wont be there. I feel like he will go top 15ish. His tools will be on display at the combine. He was not used like he should have been.

But grab a stud WR. Then see how the chips fall after that.,

JT39

Painter

If they were to choose a QB with their 1st pick, I hope it wouldn't involve a trade up as they have already shown some weakness in their gambling instinct. :-?? If they did, however, I would favor Maye. And then thereafter, it would be a toss up between Daniels and Nix.

But, it aint happening, so my interest is in whom and when in a latter round? Quinn Ewers in the 3rd? Spenser Rattler in the 4th? Quien sabe?

Cheers!

katkavage

No one here in December has a clue who the Giants are or are not targeting and their position. Much will change in the next months.

BluesCruz

I would pick Daniels if it came to that....but I think we take that TE from Georgia
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

DaveBrown74

Quote from: BluesCruz on December 22, 2023, 03:53:58 PMI would pick Daniels if it came to that....but I think we take that TE from Georgia

The title of the thread says "If QB prospects WIlliams, Maye, and Daniels are gone"

So I'm not sure how you take Daniels if another team has already picked him.

Jclayton92

We don't need a developmental Qb, if we strike at Qb I want it to be a day 1 impact player to launch the rebuild. We need someone that can step and perform Stroud like work immediately. If we can't get one of the top 3 I think you immediately go into prep for 2025 when you can get Jones off the books.

By prep I mean get as many assets as you can for 2025 so that whoever comes out you have your choices of and more. So im trading my 1st, trading back in the 2nd etc to gain as much as possible to attack in 2025 while also addressing the needs we have today. One draft and FA isn't fixing this team, it's going to take a minimum two. So get what you can this year and prepare for 2025 hoping that can be your launching pad.

Brooklyn Dave

If McCarthy is available in the second round I would take him. I doubt Nix will be . Daniels definately will not be .

TONKA56

Quote from: Brooklyn Dave on December 22, 2023, 04:35:09 PMIf McCarthy is available in the second round I would take him. I doubt Nix will be . Daniels definately will not be .

I'm really having a hard time reading how nfl teams value McCarthy.