News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

If QB prospects WIlliams, Maye, and Daniels are gone

Started by MightyGiants, December 22, 2023, 12:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

Quinn Ewers has climbed up the prospect list. He would be a good prospect to groom. Right now, he's too skinny (6-2.5 / 195), but he's got a heck of an arm, has the moxie of a good QB, and is "QB Smart". Only 20 years old, I'm surprised he declared. He needs beefing up and NFL seasoning. He is a project for a team willing to wait a couple years before he's capable of taking the reins now and then. I would be much happier for us to take him in the 3rd round, rather than rolling the dice on a first round QB

He even has the balls to wear a mullet...LOL

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

DaveBrown74

My understanding was that Ewers is undecided about coming out and was leaning towards returning to UT.

My sense is his decision will come down to how he and his team do in the CFP. If Texas were to win the championship, with Ewers playing well in both games, he could be as high as a top 10 or 15 pick this year, and I suspect he'll come out.

If they lose to Washington and/or he plays poorly, I think you'll see him return to the Longhorns in 2024.

TONKA56

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on December 22, 2023, 04:45:01 PMQuinn Ewers has climbed up the prospect list. He would be a good prospect to groom. Right now, he's too skinny (6-2.5 / 195), but he's got a heck of an arm, has the moxie of a good QB, and is "QB Smart". Only 20 years old, I'm surprised he declared. He needs beefing up and NFL seasoning. He is a project for a team willing to wait a couple years before he's capable of taking the reins now and then. I would be much happier for us to take him in the 3rd round, rather than rolling the dice on a first round QB

All of the top prospects seem smallish. Except for Drake. It used to be 6'3" was like the cutoff. 

Jclayton92

jgrangers2

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 22, 2023, 04:47:41 PMMy understanding was that Ewers is undecided about coming out and was leaning towards returning to UT.

My sense is his decision will come down to how he and his team do in the CFP. If Texas were to win the championship, with Ewers playing well in both games, he could be as high as a top 10 or 15 pick this year, and I suspect he'll come out.

If they lose to Washington and/or he plays poorly, I think you'll see him return to the Longhorns in 2024.

Ewers can definitely do himself some favors over the next couple of weeks. As can Penix and McCarthy. Feels like one of the more intriguing draft classes in a while. Williams and Maye destined to go in the top 5 with Daniels now looking like another top 10 pick. Then there's Penix, Ewers, McCarthy and Nix.

To me, the QB position isn't one where you mess around. If you're not willing to draft them in the top 10, taking them in the 2nd feels like a waste. Basically, if we don't get our guy, don't draft a backup plan unless you think they can be a franchise QB.

Jclayton92

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 22, 2023, 04:47:41 PMMy understanding was that Ewers is undecided about coming out and was leaning towards returning to UT.

He Is coming back from everything people on the inside of the university are saying. It's the whole reason Maalik Murphy transferred to Duke.

Ewers, Dart, Ward, Jefferson, Leonard, DJ U, Mccall, Van Dyke, and Beck are all either going back or transferring to a school to play a final year.

TDToomer

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on December 22, 2023, 04:45:01 PMQuinn Ewers has climbed up the prospect list. He would be a good prospect to groom. Right now, he's too skinny (6-2.5 / 195), but he's got a heck of an arm, has the moxie of a good QB, and is "QB Smart". Only 20 years old, I'm surprised he declared. He needs beefing up and NFL seasoning. He is a project for a team willing to wait a couple years before he's capable of taking the reins now and then. I would be much happier for us to take him in the 3rd round, rather than rolling the dice on a first round QB

The awful hairdo is a hard pass for me. What is it 1989?
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Jclayton92

Quote from: TDToomer on December 23, 2023, 04:17:03 PMThe awful hairdo is a hard pass for me. What is it 1989?
He had the mullet as a Fresh, the mullet and the stache as a Soph, and this season he got a normal cut and shave so he looks human once again.

I just assumed he was a bad gambler and kept losing bets.

TDToomer

Quote from: Jclayton92 on December 23, 2023, 04:27:36 PMHe had the mullet as a Fresh, the mullet and the stache as a Soph, and this season he got a normal cut and shave so he looks human once again.

I just assumed he was a bad gambler and kept losing bets.

Well then that is an even bigger reason to avoid him. Don't want a QB who does side bets.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

sooners56

Ain't nothing to it but to do it!