News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Anyone reading this rumor?

Started by andrew_nyGiants, December 22, 2023, 05:14:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrew_nyGiants

I read a few feeds that Daboll wants  to quit in January.

Any other murmurs about this?

I don't want him to leave.
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

DaveBrown74

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on December 22, 2023, 05:14:32 PMI read a few feeds that Daboll wants  to quit in January.

Any other murmurs about this?

I don't want him to leave.

Can you provide links to articles or tweets/videos from credible sources?

TONKA56

That would be really weird and unfortunately if true would confirm our worst fears about Mara Meddling. 

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 22, 2023, 05:16:19 PMCan you provide links to articles or tweets/videos from credible sources?
I'm trying to figure out if they're credible. I'm Googling now.

I think the notification came from GMEN HQ or something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

DaveBrown74

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on December 22, 2023, 05:22:51 PMI'm trying to figure out if they're credible. I'm Googling now.

I think the notification came from GMEN HQ or something like that.

I found this under the rumors section of GMen HQ. Maybe this is what you saw?

https://gmenhq.com/posts/giants-rumors-brian-daboll-could-actually-clean-house-this-offseason-01hgsdtk2m3m

kartanoman

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 22, 2023, 05:42:16 PMI found this under the rumors section of GMen HQ. Maybe this is what you saw?

https://gmenhq.com/posts/giants-rumors-brian-daboll-could-actually-clean-house-this-offseason-01hgsdtk2m3m

This makes a lot more sense because this season's setbacks should create a sense of urgency to make the moves away from players and coaches both Daboll and Schoen agree have no future with the type of team their future state is supposed to look like.

If it means the end of the line for Wink, I have mixed feelings but hope Daboll has someone in mind who offers a higher ceiling of opportunity.

Next year will look very different and it will be interesting to see whom they bring in to get on track.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 22, 2023, 05:42:16 PMI found this under the rumors section of GMen HQ. Maybe this is what you saw?

Yeah that was the article, but there was a "click bait" on the FB timeline that read. "Daboll looking to quit in January"

When you click through it was the link you shared that opened up.

Sorry about that.

B1GBLUE

Quote from: TONKA56 on December 22, 2023, 05:17:13 PMThat would be really weird and unfortunately if true would confirm our worst fears about Mara Meddling.

how so?

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: B1GBLUE on December 23, 2023, 07:32:33 AMhow so?
Clearly it turned out to be an unfounded rumor.

However, if it were true IMO it would be because who would want to leave a flagship franchise one year removed from being COTY?

The answers could range anywhere from having to a medical staff that you don't approve of, to having a QB forced down your throat.

Giant Obsession

If true, then

IT'S a FESTIVUS MIRACLE.

And I'm going out to buy my aluminum pole before they run out.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

BluesCruz

I can see Belichick becoming our GM/HC

OR Wink becoming HC and Daboll and Kafka out

Daboll is too timid in his play calling and not very inspiring for the whole team....a kind of deadpan guy like Judge.  Both were are "Bill" wannabes but there is only one Belichick

most likely Daboll gets another year though
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Jclayton92

Why would anyone want Belichick currently?

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: BluesCruz on December 23, 2023, 12:28:46 PMI can see Belichick becoming our GM/HC

OR Wink becoming HC and Daboll and Kafka out

Daboll is too timid in his play calling and not very inspiring for the whole team....a kind of deadpan guy like Judge.  Both were are "Bill" wannabes but there is only one Belichickgets another year though

most likely Daboll
I don't think Daboll is a timid play caller, I think we had a QB who was too timid to choose the deeper routes in the pattern.

BluesCruz

Quote from: Jclayton92 on December 23, 2023, 01:58:14 PMWhy would anyone want Belichick currently?

We need a HC who has "been there before".  Daboll has never been a HC, nor Judge, nor Big Ben
need to bring in a Pro or a "Profi" as they would say in Germany
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Jclayton92

Quote from: BluesCruz on December 23, 2023, 04:00:27 PMWe need a HC who has "been there before".  Daboll has never been a HC, nor Judge, nor Big Ben
need to bring in a Pro or a "Profi" as they would say in Germany
Lol Belichick is an antique. He was one of the greatest hcs in football but the game has passed him by now. Still a great DC, but as a HC or Gm absolutely not.

Look at all the successful organizations right now, they all have HCs that took said jobs only having been an OC previously. The only exception0s being SEA, DET, and BUF who have defensive minded head coaches.

Belichick hasn't drafted, or signed a decent player in 5 years. We've been to the playoffs and won more games in the past two years. So why? Yes Belichick has been there before with 1 guy, and hasn't been the same before or after that guy left.

You're simply wanting to sign the name, and that does nothing for the Giants.

If you gave most the option between Daboll/schoen and Belichick right now I think logical prevails and Dabs is the easy answer.