News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

If we’re sitting at #7 and the draft shakes out

Started by andrew_nyGiants, December 23, 2023, 04:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jclayton92

Quote from: Philosophers on December 25, 2023, 06:10:56 PMNo what I am saying is feel free to invest in a QB but you wont get average play behind that existing OL.  It has to be addressed.
I completely agree that Oline needs to be addressed.

spiderblue43

We're  currently 5th after the Eagles loss. Giants have a decent shot of moving up (NE must beat Jets) if they lose out.

Can't see Dallas at home losing to the Lions..so the finale will mean something to the Eagles.

files58

The Rams need to win to keep their playoff spot, and the boids will probably need a win. So I see the Giants losing the next two. The Pats will be up at home in what could be Bill's finale. Besides after playing the Browns this Thursday with their ferocious defense the jets may be left with no QB given the state of their OL. Picking 4th would be great. The Bears should take a QB, Fields is not the answer, then you have the other QB, and Harrison. That would leave the rest of the board to us, and any team that covets a particular player should haveto pay us a king's ransom, or we take someone Schoen/Daboll really likes. That spot gives us a strategic advantage. Picking fifth would give me chills and thoughts of Cedric Jones.

Rosehill Jimmy

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 25, 2023, 11:55:06 AMWe got collectively better QB play from our QB2 and QB3 behind the same line than we did from our QB1. I personally find that very problematic. Moreover the QB1 simply cannot stay on the field. He routinely sustains very serious injuries. It has happened in four out of his five years as a pro. I find that very problematic as well.

Agree that play from #s2&3 has gotten better but to suggest that they've done so behind same line as #1 just isn't true.  Since the second Dallas game (game 10) it's been the same crew left to right.  That was #3 first start.  Stalwarts such as Neal, Glowinski, Ezeudu, McKethan, Lemieux haven't seen the field, yet each saw significant time during the first half
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

Jclayton92

We better hope with get the 4th pick. With the 4th pick we are almost guaranteed an elite pick whether it's 1 of the top 3 Qbs or Harrison. If we pick 5 then it is a completely different story.

brownelvis54

Quote from: Jclayton92 on December 26, 2023, 05:46:19 PMWe better hope with get the 4th pick. With the 4th pick we are almost guaranteed an elite pick whether it's 1 of the top 3 Qbs or Harrison. If we pick 5 then it is a completely different story.

Dont forget Malik Nabers
The KING is in the building

DaveBrown74

Quote from: brownelvis54 on December 26, 2023, 06:25:19 PMDont forget Malik Nabers

I like Nabers a lot and think he's likely to be a real talent in the NFL. But he's definitely a cut below Harrison. To me Harrison is basically the same skillset but materially bigger. Nabers is more of a pure separation guy. Harrison gives you the separation and the contested catch ability.

uconnjack8

I will be shocked at this point if they pick at 7.

Brooklyn Dave

katkavage

Wide receiver is a luxury pick. Without a competent QB the pick is a waste.

Jclayton92

Quote from: brownelvis54 on December 26, 2023, 06:25:19 PMDont forget Malik Nabers
Malik Nabers is not elite, no offense to him he's a 1st round pick just not top 5 pick.

I actually like Odunze better than Nabers but yeah the 3 Qbs, 1Wr, and 1T seem to be the top 5 right now. All the defensive prospects scare me.

katkavage

If the Giants are in the top five and they like all three QBs they have to do what it takes to get one of them.

T200

Quote from: katkavage on December 26, 2023, 08:14:37 PMIf the Giants are in the top five and they like all three QBs they have to do what it takes to get one of them.

1 - Chicago
2 - Arizona
3 - Washington
4 - New England
5 - NYG

If the top 5 remains the same at the end of the season, I think Arizona may be our only chance to move up.

I see Chicago taking Williams. Washington will have a new HC coming in and will want his own QB. New England is picking a QB.

Tennessee (#7) and Atlanta (#10) are in need of a QB as well and may offer ARZ, WAS, or NE enough to part with their pick.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Bob In PA

Quote from: T200 on December 27, 2023, 08:13:16 AM1 - Chicago
2 - Arizona
3 - Washington
4 - New England
5 - NYG

If the top 5 remains the same at the end of the season, I think Arizona may be our only chance to move up.

I see Chicago taking Williams. Washington will have a new HC coming in and will want his own QB. New England is picking a QB.

Tennessee (#7) and Atlanta (#10) are in need of a QB as well and may offer ARZ, WAS, or NE enough to part with their pick.

Tim: Really? You think Chicago will take a QB? I pray that you are correct, unless the Giants want a QB and the guy taken by the Bears is that guy. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

T200

Quote from: Bob In PA on December 27, 2023, 08:27:28 AMTim: Really? You think Chicago will take a QB? I pray that you are correct, unless the Giants want a QB and the guy taken by the Bears is that guy. Bob
Bob,

I don't think the Bears are sold on Fields. But he's young enough and still on his rookie deal that may appeal to some other team who isn't drafting high enough to grab one of this year's crop. The other component is does Chicago really want to use the #1 overall on MHJ instead of one of the top QBs available? I do think they'll pick Williams.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance: