News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

If we’re sitting at #7 and the draft shakes out

Started by andrew_nyGiants, December 23, 2023, 04:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Philosophers on December 27, 2023, 10:17:02 AMMarvin Harrison can't be him unless he has enough time to run downfield.  The Giants OL has not been remotely close to consistently blocking well enough to afford WRs enough time to get downfield.  That is what we have to fix otherwise MH Jr will be WanDale 2.0 as an LOS catch only guy.

We have 3 day two picks, including two in the second round. All three of those picks could feasibly be used on O line if they really wanted to, and you can expect to get solid players in that range. I don't know why so many here seem to think that if we don't use another top 10 pick on O line, it means we're not going to significantly address the O line.

Jclayton92

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 27, 2023, 12:35:20 PMWe have 3 day two picks, including two in the second round. All three of those picks could feasibly be used on O line if they really wanted to, and you can expect to get solid players in that range. I don't know why so many here seem to think that if we don't use another top 10 pick on O line, it means we're not going to significantly address the O line.
I am completely against drafting an olineman unless it is in the 5th round and beyond. I think 2 plug and play FA for the line is a lot better than drafting and hopefully waiting for someone to produce.

Philosophers

Quote from: Jclayton92 on December 27, 2023, 12:39:08 PMI am completely against drafting an olineman unless it is in the 5th round and beyond. I think 2 plug and play FA for the line is a lot better than drafting and hopefully waiting for someone to produce.

If we dont sign 2 FA starting OL, then we cant wait until the 5th round and hope we get lucky with a Trey Smith or Michael Onwenu.

Dave, not saying either WR or OL at 1 but if Giants think at say 7 an OT prospect is a better player than available wr prospect, I say take the OL.  I am with you if a better WR is available we take the WR. 

katkavage

Quote from: Philosophers on December 27, 2023, 02:22:44 PMIf we dont sign 2 FA starting OL, then we cant wait until the 5th round and hope we get lucky with a Trey Smith or Michael Onwenu.

Dave, not saying either WR or OL at 1 but if Giants think at say 7 an OT prospect is a better player than available wr prospect, I say take the OL.  I am with you if a better WR is available we take the WR. 
If the Giants can't get their QB at 5 or better, 4, than they should think about trading the pick to get more picks including a first rounder for the next year.

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: Jclayton92 on December 27, 2023, 12:34:55 PMYeah depends what Buffalo shows up, but I think if new England wins 1 of 2 and we lose out we get #4.
How does that work considering we won H2H match-up with the Pats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

Rosehill Jimmy

If we can't get the QB we like at wherever we are picking, the guy I would have a hard time passing on is Dallas Turner.  In every Bama game I've watched his relentless pursuit off the edge reminds me somewhat of LT. He's all over the place!  I'm looking forward to watching how he does against Michigan on New Year's Day
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

Jclayton92

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on December 27, 2023, 08:10:32 PMHow does that work considering we won H2H match-up with the Pats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It has nothing to do with head to head just record and strength of schedule. We have the 6th hardest SOS giving us the edge on most. Only the Raven, Bengals, Bills, Raiders, and Commanders have harder schedules and we are tied with the Cardinals IN sos. So if we have the same record as NE then we get the pick before them assuming the beat one of the bills/Jets.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Jclayton92 on December 27, 2023, 10:50:12 PMIt has nothing to do with head to head just record and strength of schedule. We have the 6th hardest SOS giving us the edge on most. Only the Raven, Bengals, Bills, Raiders, and Commanders have harder schedules and we are tied with the Cardinals IN sos. So if we have the same record as NE then we get the pick before them assuming the beat one of the bills/Jets.

I wonder what the next two weeks will do to our SOS though (compared to the teams around us). I haven't looked into that,.