News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Our team is poorly coached

Started by brownelvis54, December 25, 2023, 06:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BluesCruz

Whats with McFadden.....he could not tackle my grandmother today

Ughhhhh

They should give Coughlin a start next week.  The guy hits hard and is a sure tackler
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

LennG

My problem with Daboll is he is new and probably doesn't have the authority to make coaching changes. There is no way our OL AND ST coaches should be here now, both are awful and that translates to the field. I see other trams relieve certain coaches of their duties mid stream, yet these two are just bad yet they continue here as if there is nothing we can do about it. Is Daboll afraid of doing something like this?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

files58

A oft injured, under talented team plays hard for Daboll. The Giants at this point cannot overcome playing against two teams at once.

Philosophers

Top 5 pick here we come.  They are not a well coached team this year.  Few players have improved.  Big coaching glitches like Kafka's inability to scheme plays away from pressure, not coaching a new $160 million QB to throw beyond the 1st down marker and not firing an OL coach mid-season.

Messiah717

Then Daboll has no chance if he's stuck with this garbage staff.

Gmo11

How anybody could watch this game... In which the out manned and out gunned Giants without a single QB of any reputable skill took the defending NFC champs and one of only maybe 4 or 5 legit super bowl contenders to the absolute brink and could easily have pulled it out...and question the coaching afterwards is beyond me. They should have lost by 4TDs to this team. And they might the next time they play but today was not a good example of bad coaching. Quite the opposite.

Jclayton92

Quote from: LennG on December 25, 2023, 08:09:17 PMMy problem with Daboll is he is new and probably doesn't have the authority to make coaching changes. There is no way our OL AND ST coaches should be here now, both are awful and that translates to the field. I see other trams relieve certain coaches of their duties mid stream, yet these two are just bad yet they continue here as if there is nothing we can do about it. Is Daboll afraid of doing something like this?
I am pretty sure he was trying see if it was just the injuries hampering the team at the beginning of the year and now with 2 games left we still aren't healthy 100% but healthy enough to know coaching at a few of the position groups is a problem. With 2 games left though you might as well just wait until January and not ruins someone's Christmas.

Messiah717

Quote from: Gmo11 on December 25, 2023, 08:16:16 PMHow anybody could watch this game... In which the out manned and out gunned Giants without a single QB of any reputable skill took the defending NFC champs and one of only maybe 4 or 5 legit super bowl contenders to the absolute brink and could easily have pulled it out...and question the coaching afterwards is beyond me. They should have lost by 4TDs to this team. And they might the next time they play but today was not a good example of bad coaching. Quite the opposite.

Because some of us are tired of a decade of moral victories. 

AYM

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 25, 2023, 07:23:26 PMTommy Cutlets may have saved his job.

Before DeVito entered, I was pretty convinced Daboll was pretty much another Joe Judge and saw no reason to keep him. Now I think there's something there, but I'm still not sure what.

I do know that if we're looking at overhauling large parts of our coaching staff, I'm not sure I want to keep Daboll.

AYM

Quote from: LennG on December 25, 2023, 08:09:17 PMMy problem with Daboll is he is new and probably doesn't have the authority to make coaching changes. There is no way our OL AND ST coaches should be here now, both are awful and that translates to the field. I see other trams relieve certain coaches of their duties mid stream, yet these two are just bad yet they continue here as if there is nothing we can do about it. Is Daboll afraid of doing something like this?

If Joe Judge had the authority to fire his OL coach after half a season, I'm sure Daboll has authority too.

Ed Vette

Quote from: AYM on December 25, 2023, 08:20:22 PMBefore DeVito entered, I was pretty convinced Daboll was pretty much another Joe Judge and saw no reason to keep him. Now I think there's something there, but I'm still not sure what.

I do know that if we're looking at overhauling large parts of our coaching staff, I'm not sure I want to keep Daboll.
The detail training and coaching is clearly not there. Especially on Offense. They struggle to execute as a Unit every game. Special Teams mistakes. Poor tackling fundamentals by not properly being in position to team tackle. A Tom Coughlin team would never perform like this. That's what's been missing since he was forced to retire.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jclayton92

I think Daboll is doing the best he can with the talent he has, I'm not sure any other head coach is doing any better.

Ed Vette

I like Daboll but he needs better Coaches around him. We clearly know the talent needs to improve but the core Veterans are inconsistent too and that's coaching. I see what Pierce has accomplished with the hapless Raiders and they all of a sudden become a much better team.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Year three of a rebuild and it looks like three more years..
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jclayton92

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 25, 2023, 08:30:46 PMYear three of a rebuild and it looks like three more years..
Partially because the refused to acknowledge last year was the beginning of a rebuild and tried to add instead of starting over and building up.