News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

What is really SAD

Started by Giant Obsession, December 26, 2023, 09:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giant Obsession

about this mess of a team in front of us.......

It is not any kind of stretch for us to have won yesterday's game, along with the Jets and Buffalo game.

And there we would sit at 8 - 7 in the middle of the playoff hunt.

And still be one of the worst teams in the entire league.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

T200

It's called parity. Any given Sunday, any team, regardless of talent level, can beat any other team. Happens all the time.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: Giant Obsession on December 26, 2023, 09:10:03 AMabout this mess of a team in front of us.......

It is not any kind of stretch for us to have won yesterday's game, along with the Jets and Buffalo game.

And there we would sit at 8 - 7 in the middle of the playoff hunt.

And still be one of the worst teams in the entire league.

It's not a stretch to see the Giants losing the Cardinals, New England, or Green Bay games (all victories by a margin of 3 or less points). You have to do this conjecture both ways. Far more likely they're a bad team with a correspondingly bad record than a few bad breaks away from being in the playoffs.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on December 26, 2023, 09:31:41 AMIt's not a stretch to see the Giants losing the Cardinals, New England, or Green Bay games (all victories by a margin of 3 or less points). You have to do this conjecture both ways. Far more likely they're a bad team with a correspondingly bad record than a few bad breaks away from being in the playoffs.

Agreed. If we're going to the "if only" game with the close losses, then close, lucky wins need to be equally considered in the analysis. Every single one of our five wins was close and had its share of good fortune go our way. So to feel snake-bit because of the Jets and Bills games but then pretend we didn't have good fortune on our side in basically every one of our five very close wins is looking at the season through blue tinted goggles.

We are a very bad team, period. Even with everyone healthy.

Giant Obsession

Not debating the fact we are a very bad team from top to bottom.  In fact I think we are one of the bottom 3.

Just showing how results and possible results can lead to the delusional thinking that we brought into this 2023 season.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

LennG

Quote from: Giant Obsession on December 26, 2023, 01:11:10 PMNot debating the fact we are a very bad team from top to bottom.  In fact I think we are one of the bottom 3.

Just showing how results and possible results can lead to the delusional thinking that we brought into this 2023 season.

Mike

Sure we aren't churning up the league in talent, but I disagree that we are NOT devoid of talent. We just aren't using whatever talent we have to its best advantage. As I said in another thread, we draft a guy like Hyatt, for terrific speed. He is a high draft choice so how can he go games without ever seeing the ball? Gosh, a pitch out, and end around, a quick slant over the middle. Speed is what the NFL is about now. We draft a guy with speed and he isn't used at all. That, my friend, falls on the coaches. You can't say a guy like Hyatt is not talented. We don't know as they refuse to sue him.
We have talent, it is just spread a bit thin, but the talent we do have just isn't being used right.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

StompYouOT

We have talent, we're not a playoff team yet.  Yesterday gives me some hope that with the right QB we will be in the mix again.  In the meantime our draft position is still strong. 

Giant Obsession

Quote from: LennG on December 26, 2023, 01:31:29 PMMike

Sure we aren't churning up the league in talent, but I disagree that we are NOT devoid of talent. We just aren't using whatever talent we have to its best advantage. As I said in another thread, we draft a guy like Hyatt, for terrific speed. He is a high draft choice so how can he go games without ever seeing the ball? Gosh, a pitch out, and end around, a quick slant over the middle. Speed is what the NFL is about now. We draft a guy with speed and he isn't used at all. That, my friend, falls on the coaches. You can't say a guy like Hyatt is not talented. We don't know as they refuse to sue him.
We have talent, it is just spread a bit thin, but the talent we do have just isn't being used right.

Agree on the coaching aspect of how we judge and develop talent.  But could it be that we drafted another Jerrell Jernigan   ??

For our sake I hope not.  Talent vs. motivation is what makes the draft such a crapshoot.  I have a sneaky feeling that the instant millionaires the draft creates ... more than a few take the money, take the pension, and then take the high road and their still healthy bodies wherever live leads them.  For the most part being drafted in rounds 1 thru 3 is like a golden parachute for time served.  I fear Mr. Neal is following that plan.  And hope I am wrong.
Mike