News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

From Bono to Bozo?

Started by andrew_nyGiants, December 26, 2023, 11:24:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrew_nyGiants

Does anyone believe that Daboll' success last season went to his head and his newfound success caused a lackadaisical approach throughout the roster?

I feel like reality hit him smack in the face at 2-8 causing him to really tighten up. When we lost yesterday to officially eliminate ourselves from contention, he was truly miserable (I didn't appreciate his attitude in the post game presser).

Let's hope that (assuming he stays) he is able to learn from the experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

Ed Vette

Since last season's bye week Daboll's Giants are 8-15-1. Someone posted this yesterday and to me that paints a clearer picture. They started out 6-2 and surprised the league and then the league caught up with them and it's been the case ever since. 
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Giant Obsession

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 26, 2023, 11:33:34 AMSince last season's bye week Daboll's Giants are 8-15-1. Someone posted this yesterday and to me that paints a clearer picture. They started out 6-2 and surprised the league and then the league caught up with them and it's been the case ever since. 

It is similar in baseball an unknown pitcher starts out like a house a fire and then 2nd time on thru the league the mystery is gone.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

files58

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on December 26, 2023, 11:24:24 AMDoes anyone believe that Daboll' success last season went to his head and his newfound success caused a lackadaisical approach throughout the roster?

I feel like reality hit him smack in the face at 2-8 causing him to really tighten up. When we lost yesterday to officially eliminate ourselves from contention, he was truly miserable (I didn't appreciate his attitude in the post game presser).

Daboll's attitude was what it should be. He was pissed off, and kurt.

TDToomer

I'm confused by the title of this thread.

Bono of U2?  Sonny Bono?  What the hell is a Bono?

Why can't people just be more direct and to the point when naming threads?
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Jersey Heel

It's not a phrase he invented.

madbadger

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on December 26, 2023, 11:24:24 AMDoes anyone believe that Daboll' success last season went to his head and his newfound success caused a lackadaisical approach throughout the roster?

There were several of us who said before the season, that despite the fact that we made the playoffs last year our record would be worse. This years schedule was more difficult than last years, and that with a year of film that we wouldn't be able to sneak up on people like we did last year.

As far as his attitude goes I don't think it's really changed. The fact that fans can plainly see that this team is lacks talent at quarterback and offensive line and yet still blames the staff for not being able to squeeze blood out of a stone is beyond me. It's even more absurd that some, not you in particular, have started to suggest that he's in over his head and needs to be replaced after one bad season is the height of absurdity. They've been awful at times this year without a doubt but you simply can't throw the baby out with the bath water especially when your franchise has Barney Fife at quarterback.

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: TDToomer on December 26, 2023, 02:37:02 PMI'm confused by the title of this thread.

Bono of U2?  Sonny Bono?  What the hell is a Bono?

Why can't people just be more direct and to the point when naming threads?
It was part of a Mara quote addressing Daboll on his early success

From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

katkavage

Quote from: madbadger on December 26, 2023, 02:41:45 PMThere were several of us who said before the season, that despite the fact that we made the playoffs last year our record would be worse. This years schedule was more difficult than last years, and that with a year of film that we wouldn't be able to sneak up on people like we did last year.

As far as his attitude goes I don't think it's really changed. The fact that fans can plainly see that this team is lacks talent at quarterback and offensive line and yet still blames the staff for not being able to squeeze blood out of a stone is beyond me. It's even more absurd that some, not you in particular, have started to suggest that he's in over his head and needs to be replaced after one bad season is the height of absurdity. They've been awful at times this year without a doubt but you simply can't throw the baby out with the bath water especially when your franchise has Barney Fife at quarterback.
All this is true, but you cannot say that even considering the lack of talent, that Daboll has done even a fair job this year. He has not had the team prepared. Yes the schedule was tough but to be humiliated early like they were and twice against a division rival is not a good look. He will get year three and let's hope he gets a QB or he's a goner after next year.

LennG

Quote from: katkavage on December 26, 2023, 04:33:44 PMAll this is true, but you cannot say that even considering the lack of talent, that Daboll has done even a fair job this year. He has not had the team prepared. Yes the schedule was tough but to be humiliated early like they were and twice against a division rival is not a good look. He will get year three and let's hope he gets a QB or he's a goner after next year.

I agree with Kat. I fully predicted a step back this season when many were gung-ho after last year. We had a horrible starting schedule and that put us away before we even got started. That said, and to a man here, we all expected the team to come out and play hard and fight till the very end, no matter who we were playing, and that just hasn't happened. Too many games where the team was in a fog and not even competitive and that is on coaching.
Too many head-scratching offensive calls by our OC who didn't have the talent to go with his offense and he should have reeled it in and used whatever was available to him to help the team out. Gosh, I still remember in our opening game, down by 30+ deep in the 4th quarter and he is still calling riunning plays for Jones. Ridiculous.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

TDToomer

??
Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on December 26, 2023, 02:43:04 PMIt was part of a Mara quote addressing Daboll on his early success

:what: What the hell is a Bono????
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

T200

Quote from: TDToomer on December 26, 2023, 08:34:26 PM??
 :what: What the hell is a Bono????
Bono is the U2 front man. Apparently Mara is a fan.

Bono = rock star
Bozo = clown
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Ed Vette

Quote from: T200 on December 26, 2023, 09:46:57 PMBono is the U2 front man. Apparently Mara is a fan.

Bono = rock star
Bozo = clown
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

The "Bono to Bozo" remark was one of the wiser things Mara has said publicly since taking over as primary owner.

TDToomer

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 27, 2023, 07:47:11 AMThe "Bono to Bozo" remark was one of the wiser things Mara has said publicly since taking over as primary owner.

:what: When did Mara call Daboll a Bozo???  Can someone just paste the damn quote for crying out loud?