News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Memorabilia

Started by LennG, December 27, 2023, 03:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

We have been purging our house of years worth of stuff. While going thru a closet, I came across 2 posters that I bought years ago at an auction from a club I used to belong to.
One is the Giant's 75th-anniversary poster signed by Michael Strahan
The other is a picture of the two Lombardi trophies from after our 2nd Super Bowl win, signed by Wellington Mara, Phil Simms, and Otis Anderson. There is a letter that came with it from the Giants saying that this is one of 2500 posters.
The letter isn't signed by anyone from the Giants, but I have no reason to believe that the letter and the signatures on the poster are authentic.

How would one determine the value of something like this if ever I wanted to sell it?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

I'm guessing a memorabilia shop or maybe even try contacting the Giants organization just to see if those items are indeed authentic.
Good luck!
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

LennG

Quote from: ozzie on December 27, 2023, 08:38:28 PMI'm guessing a memorabilia shop or maybe even try contacting the Giants organization just to see if those items are indeed authentic.
Good luck!

Thanks Lou, good idea. I know the items came from the Giants as we used to get things like this every year, but can't really guarantee the signatures are real. Would Wellington Mara just sign 'Well'?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

coggs

Those are Simms and OJ's sigs.  However, that is likely a facsimile reprint.  Giants often send those out.  Looking at them, I would bet they are facsimile.  The ink is too perfect throughout the sig, which is generally a dead give-away. 

LennG

Quote from: coggs on December 28, 2023, 01:29:02 PMThose are Simms and OJ's sigs.  However, that is likely a facsimile reprint.  Giants often send those out.  Looking at them, I would bet they are facsimile.  The ink is too perfect throughout the sig, which is generally a dead give-away. 

What, like a pic of a pic?

Charlie Weiss

coggs

Quote from: LennG on December 28, 2023, 07:06:24 PMWhat, like a pic of a pic?
Yeah, they sign one and then mass produce the poster with the sigs on it.