News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

This graph shows just how critical the O-line is to a team's success

Started by MightyGiants, December 28, 2023, 08:46:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

sooners56

No debate there other than it seems, the teams with the better QBs have the better lines or is it vice versa??? 🤷🏼�♂️
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

MightyGiants

Quote from: sooners56 on December 28, 2023, 08:56:32 AMNo debate there other than it seems, the teams with the better QBs have the better lines or is it vice versa??? 🤷🏼�♂️

The Broncos just benched their "better QB"
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

sooners56

Quote from: MightyGiants on December 28, 2023, 08:59:59 AMThe Broncos just benched their "better QB"

That benched QB has 26 TDs, only 8 picks and a 98 QB rating. I know every Giants fan would take those stats from any of our QB.

The bottom teams all have bad QB play except the Seahawks who also have 3 very capable WRs and 2 stud RBs
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

MightyGiants

Quote from: sooners56 on December 28, 2023, 09:06:59 AMThat benched QB has 26 TDs, only 8 picks and a 98 QB rating. I know every Giants fan would take those stats from any of our QB.

The bottom teams all have bad QB play except the Seahawks who also have 3 very capable WRs and 2 stud RBs

It's almost like a great coach like Sean Payton doesn't measure QB performance the way fans do ;)
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

AZGiantFan

I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Bob In PA

IMO, the OL is, always has been, and always will be the most important thing on any NFL team.

I keep going back to Vince Lombardi who had only a tiny handful of plays in his playbook, mostly run plays, and he made the team practice them over and over and over again.

Even with today's rules, the success of a team is always directly related to their success running the ball. In particular (since it is the most illustrative and the team is fairly well-known even by casual fans), note how the Chiefs' relative lack of success this year (compared to other Mahomes years) in running the ball shows up in their current, fairly mundane record (then check the chart in the original post).

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

TDToomer

"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

uconnjack8

Not sure why I am surprised, but I thought the run blocking would be better than the pass blocking the league as a whole.  Seems like pass blocking is the better of the two.

Philosophers

For the older folks here, do you remember when Ken Stabler was QB of the Raiders?  Do you remember how he would drop back 7 steps then his feet would not move as he'd be so comfortable in the pocket knowing he would not get pressure, he'd throw perfect passes to his WRs like Cliff Branch all over the field?  He looked like the most a curate QB ever.

He leaves the Raiders for his final approximate 2 years to play for a team without that great Raiders OL and looked horrible.

Same QB arm, brain, play processing, etc but much different OLs and much different results.

QBs don't block for themselves.  They need others to bring out their greatness.