News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants VS Rams game thread

Started by MightyGiants, December 31, 2023, 12:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicRat

That means Philli are coming to play next week.
Smell my cheese you mother!

Jclayton92

Root for the Cardinals, patriots, Washington, and Tennessee next week.

uconnjack8

drakew

WE JUST SEEM TO FIND, HOWEVER CREATIVELY, SOME KINDA WAY TO LOSE...
"The future ain't what it used to be-" Yogi Berra

kartanoman

Crosby didn't hit it square enough. Oh well.

Crazy game.

Lots to unpack, but I'm generally pleased they came to play and didn't quit. However, they didn't make the key plays when they needed to.

To sum it up, they let the Rams off the hook. I'm not sure what else to say other than finish strong against the Iggles and see where they go from here.

Good chatting with you all!

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

MagicRat

Quote from: Trench on December 31, 2023, 04:10:56 PMWhere are we currently as far as draft order?
Six.
I think four is as good as it can get?
We need the Titans and NE to win next week.

MagicRat

Quote from: Jclayton92 on December 31, 2023, 04:21:38 PMRoot for the Cardinals, patriots, Washington, and Tennessee next week.
Don't we own the tie breaks over Arizona and Washington?

Messiah717

coggs

Quote from: MagicRat on December 31, 2023, 04:42:01 PMDon't we own the tie breaks over Arizona and Washington?
Tie-breakers for draft position is strictly strength of schedule.  Team with the weaker SOS gets the better pick in 1st round.

jimc

Quote from: Woody on December 31, 2023, 04:10:28 PMHow to mis manage the end of game Taylor really doesn't come up when it counts after all his years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look no further than the two point conversion play.  It was a nicely designed play but Taylor couldn't execute a simple 5 yard pass!
- Accumulating knowledge is pointless unless it is used to help someone

TDToomer

I watched the game without sound at a bar. Can someone please explain why Daboll first chose to kick an extra point and then accepted the penalty to go for 2? If he wanted to go for 2 then why was a kick ever attempted?
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Ed Vette

Quote from: TDToomer on January 01, 2024, 02:26:52 PMI watched the game without sound at a bar. Can someone please explain why Daboll first chose to kick an extra point and then accepted the penalty to go for 2? If he wanted to go for 2 then why was a kick ever attempted?
I just assumed the penalty put the ball on the one yard line.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

TDToomer

Quote from: Ed Vette on January 01, 2024, 02:43:28 PMI just assumed the penalty put the ball on the one yard line.

And we are the one team that consistently fails on 3rd/4th and 1 all season long!  ~X(
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Ed Vette

Quote from: TDToomer on January 01, 2024, 04:19:57 PMAnd we are the one team that consistently fails on 3rd/4th and 1 all season long!  ~X(
No sand in the pants. lol

My biggest criticism is third and long. It's become long in the tooth.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Ed Vette on January 01, 2024, 04:21:29 PMNo sand in the pants. lol

My biggest criticism is third and long. It's become long in the tooth.

Really is. I'm also sick and tired of seeing a two or three yard gain on 2nd and 19 type situations.