News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants can move to #2 overall....

Started by zephirus, December 31, 2023, 04:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zephirus

With a Patriots win, Commanders win and Cardinals win (and a Giants loss).

Jets @ Patriots - Belichick almost never loses to the Jets in what should be a miserable game.
Cowboys @ Commanders - fingers crossed, both teams will have plenty of motivation with Dallas looking to clinch the East and the Commanders looking to play spoiler.  Also, the Cowboys on the road are a vastly different team.
Seahawks @ Cardinals - division game.  Seattle looks good but the Cardinals have been competitive of late. 

With all that said, I'd love nothing more than to spoil the Eagles' chance at the division depending on the outcome of the Cowboys/Commanders game.

MagicRat

How does the tie break work in the draft order?
Smell my cheese you mother!

zephirus

Quote from: MagicRat on December 31, 2023, 04:42:54 PMHow does the tie break work in the draft order?
Strength of Schedule is the tie-breaker (assuming there are more than 2 teams tied and those teams didn't play head-to-head).  The team with the lower Strength of Schedule picks earlier.

https://www.tankathon.com/nfl

spiderblue43

Like I said...things will shake out But I don't care about the position as much as beating the Birds, which leave them on the road in January.

spiderblue43

Quote from: zephirus on December 31, 2023, 04:24:44 PMWith a Patriots win, Commanders win and Cardinals win (and a Giants loss).

Jets @ Patriots - Belichick almost never loses to the Jets in what should be a miserable game.
Cowboys @ Commanders - fingers crossed, both teams will have plenty of motivation with Dallas looking to clinch the East and the Commanders looking to play spoiler.  Also, the Cowboys on the road are a vastly different team.
Seahawks @ Cardinals - division game.  Seattle looks good but the Cardinals have been competitive of late. 

With all that said, I'd love nothing more than to spoil the Eagles' chance at the division depending on the outcome of the Cowboys/Commanders game.

I think Arizona and New England will win next week. Cowboys? The refs will get them thru..if not that awful Com defense.

DaveBrown74

The Jets/Pats game is basically Belichick's last ever game with the Pats, and it's in Gillette. Meanwhile every Jet coach and front office guy is being brought back. And the QB is Trevor Simian.

I'll truly shocked if the Pats manage to lose that game.

I tend to think the Bears keep Fields (albeit it's uncertain). Even if we're just fourth we're in very good shape to get one of the big three QBs without a trade-up. I think the Cards will draft Marv. They can't move Murray, and after today who knows if they even want to.

coggs

Quote from: zephirus on December 31, 2023, 04:44:58 PMStrength of Schedule is the tie-breaker (assuming there are more than 2 teams tied and those teams didn't play head-to-head).  The team with the lower Strength of Schedule picks earlier.

https://www.tankathon.com/nfl
head to head does not count for draft tie-breaker.

AYM

If Dallas beats Washington, the Eagles will lay down like dogs.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: AYM on December 31, 2023, 07:20:48 PMIf Dallas beats Washington, the Eagles will lay down like dogs.

Ehh. I don't know about that. The Eagles have huge worries about their momentunm right now. Plus they know they almost lost to us in Philly. I doubt they just roll over for us under any circumstances.

brownelvis54

The KING is in the building

katkavage

Quote from: brownelvis54 on December 31, 2023, 08:11:21 PMhttps://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2024-nfl-draft-order-commanders-move-up-to-no-2-spot-following-cardinals-win-over-eagles/

The key two teams are Arizona and Chicago. Question do they keep their QBs or draft one.
Bears would be ridiculous to draft one. They can trade that pick for a bounty of picks and really pick up players to an already blossoming roster. Arizona will stick with Murray and take Harrison.

kingm56

Quote from: katkavage on December 31, 2023, 08:51:16 PMBears would be ridiculous to draft one. They can trade that pick for a bounty of picks and really pick up players to an already blossoming roster. Arizona will stick with Murray and take Harrison.

If the Giants 'hold' on to pick 4 or better, they may be in position to draft a QB. Let's get this franchise moving in the right direction!!

Jclayton92

Quote from: kingm56 on January 01, 2024, 01:04:24 AMIf the Giants 'hold' on to pick 4 or better, they may be in position to draft a QB. Let's get this franchise moving in the right direction!!
yes we should be hoping for 4 or better!!

Brooklyn Dave

Quote from: katkavage on December 31, 2023, 08:51:16 PMBears would be ridiculous to draft one. They can trade that pick for a bounty of picks and really pick up players to an already blossoming roster. Arizona will stick with Murray and take Harrison.

If by chance the Giants move up to #2 , which I sincerely doubt will happen, why shouldn't the Giants trade that pick for a haul of picks also ?

kingm56

Quote from: Brooklyn Dave on January 01, 2024, 02:42:16 AMIf by chance the Giants move up to #2 , which I sincerely doubt will happen, why shouldn't the Giants trade that pick for a haul of picks also ?

Because the Giants lack a QB; there are two types of team in todays NFL, those with a Franchise (or potential Franchise) QB, and those without one.  The latter experience the run the Giants have 'enjoyed' for 5 years now; thus, they don't trade a top 4 pick when they have a chance to draft the former.  For the Giants, extra picks won't solve their fundamental problem, which is a lack of quality passers at the most important position in sports.